2 points regarding information presentation to [novice] players

1. Like with the base game, there needs to be more dry info on the buildings, plants and critters. Having standardized way to express things (some things state they 'emite', others dont, some things are explained as in kg/sec others not at all or in kg/cycles). If we use the in game cyclopedia then we can know how much of something some building consume but then there is no hyperlink or anything to learn more about the consumed material. The info about critters suffers from this a lot (and unlike in many other games with poor cyclopedia, oni's wiki is kinda poor as well). maybe a little more explanation and some flavor on the entries (specially the critters and plants) could go a long way to make the game enjoyable for someone who is not-yet-invested.

2. There is a bombardment of useless info that is shoved to the face of the player. Its not very useful to know you have hundreds of tons of rock or few kilograms of phosphorus. I rarely use the whole cluster of info in the right side of the screen yet its something that gets highlighted a lot. At the same time I almost never know when Im out of a resource until I am. Its a combination of both too much info and too little. I am sorry that I am not very specific but thats what I can get without over analyzing it.

I know you have bigger fish to fry currently (radiation, more space stuff), but those are things that are top priority and will be sorted out eventually.

tldr - information presentation needs some tweaking.

Disclaimer - Ok I had a bit of an impulse purchase and I bought the DLC without letting the fact its 'early access' sink in. I would have gotten the DLC eventually so I dont regret it much (would be a purchase I would have made anyway). Anyway I had a bit higher expectations and now I can see its quite incomplete game. Might use the best of it and at least give some feedback on the game? Mind you I dont play much so my notes might be regarding only things that are on the surface.

The whole point of the new resource panel is that you can customize it. All new resources are pinned to it unless you press a button to clear them, which I'm not really a fan of as that created some clutter. But you can select exactly what you want to show. So if you care about something just pin it.

It's basically like this mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1872111766&searchtext=

For general information I'd like things to be displayed in both g/s and kg/cycle. If not in game then both are used on the wiki and they aren't easily compared. But that would create even more information overload

Just now, Steve8 said:

The whole point of the new resource panel is that you can customize it. All new resources are pinned to it unless you press a button to clear them, which I'm not really a fan of as that created some clutter. But you can select exactly what you want to show. So if you care about something just pin it.

It's basically like this mod:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1872111766&searchtext=

It regards my 2ed point. I know you can customize it. What I say is that the 'default' look is not very good.
Just another example is that the starting chart mentions the asteroid you are currently on, but space is quite a long way to go so you wont need to think about it for long time. it is useless. Also for me the first time of 'breaching the surface' was kinda cool moment that I didnt expect. so this might be seen as a spoilery thing maybe. Just an easy fix would be not to present info that is unnecessary at the moment.

Archived