How would you move DST save files to another drive?

Knowing that all games have their own way of saving save files, this should not be a steam problem. Here's the situation: the DST game itself is saved in a steam library on D drive, however the save files are still saved on C in Documents. If it is possible, how (without moving the Documents folder as a whole) would one go about moving the Klei folder to another drive or location?

(ps. on my search, I saw one person on reddit say this was possible, but they did not explain how it could be done...)

when my laptop fried the solution was to literally just copy the cluster folders, paste them to the new computer's desktop, install and run dst for the first time, make a dummy world, save n' quit, so to where the new cluster is kept, delete that then take the desktop clusters and paste those in its place. it used to be you'd also need(at least in my case) the unique user id as well but i did check back in to confirm where it was at and dst doesn't seem to have a place in the clusters for it anymore so i guess you can skip that bit

You can make what's called a symlink. That means the computer and all applications that access the folder/file, think it is in one place, but it is stored in another.

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symlinks-on-windows-or-linux/

Example:

So, for example, if you wanted to create a directory junction (a hard link to a folder) at C:\LinkToFolder that pointed to C:\Users\Name\OriginalFolder, you’d run the following command:

mklink /J C:\LinkToFolder C:\Users\Name\OriginalFolder
Edited by decduck3
  • Big Ups 1