We need to talk about Plug Slugs...

Minimal use of the Mousewheel can also be achieved by turning down the existing slider down to 1-3% (I genuinely do not understand why the default is 50% not 5%). Batteries & wiring are expensive, you end up spending almost as much metal per tile for a room full of machines as if the room was solid metal tiles being mined out (Side note, one trick to using less metal is to use Pnuematic Doors instead of Airflow tiles whenever possible. They maintain room integrity and cost half as much metal per tile). I agree there does come a point when metal ore is less of an issue, but at that point Refined Metal becomes the limiting factor.

Salt has tremendous utility with Rust Deoxidization as a source of Oxygen & Metal Ore. I use Rust as my primary Oxygen source whenever possible because then I can more easily partition Oxygen production from Calorie production. Rust is also highly abundant on the second asteroid at the moment, enough to support both asteroids with sizeable populations until SPOMs are built.

16 hours ago, JaxckLl said:

Minimal use of the Mousewheel can also be achieved by turning down the existing slider down to 1-3%

The thing is that with 200W average power use your dupe still needs to operate it for half a cycle on average to satisfy your power needs. If something provides even half of it it frees a lot of that dupe`s time.

17 hours ago, JaxckLl said:

Batteries & wiring are expensive, you end up spending almost as much metal per tile for a room full of machines as if the room was solid metal tiles being mined out

Yes they might be expensive but i will need them eventually. Also building 2 or 3 is enough for the earlygame.

17 hours ago, JaxckLl said:

Salt has tremendous utility with Rust Deoxidization as a source of Oxygen & Metal Ore.

I never thought of it as a source of ore. But i never had severe ore problems.

On 12/28/2020 at 11:51 PM, JaxckLl said:

A morph which ate Refined Metals would be the most frustrating thing in the game. Refined Metals are the goal of the mid game. A critter which consumes Refined Metals is encouraging the player to take steps backwards.

there are at least four refined metal volcanoes (gold and aluminum) on the 3rd planet and same or more on the 5th

as soon as you build the electric grid, you have a lot of extra refined metal generated regularly

keep in mind I did not recommend to change the current slugs but add a morph which may come handy exactly on these refined metal rich asteroids due to excessive power consumption to cool down 

Archived