Oasis needs small Cooling effect

Like the dragonfly lava pools cause a heating effect I think the oasis should have a small cooling effect.

My reasoning for this is building a base near the oasis is bad compared to entrance of the oasis desert biome. This will also encourage people to fish in summer even after you find the desert googles blueprint.

4 hours ago, ansuman said:

My reasoning for this is building a base near the oasis is bad compared to entrance of the oasis desert biome.

Funny, I was under the impression that having no move penalty was better than having one.

No. If anything the oasis needs to counter summer less, not more.

What move penalty ?Are you talking about not using desert goggles ?

Desert biome is almost always at an edge and you will need to spend large amount of time walking. To avoid walking for entirerity of rest of game, Building base near oasis is in my opinion sub optimal. I always build the base at the boundary line of desert biome, that way i don't even need the googles I just walk past the boundary and structures never smolder as they are in.

Hound attacks ?  Just cross the boundary and head slot is free, no sandstorm to worry about.

No. If anything the oasis needs to counter summer less, not more.

Spelunking provides protection to both overheating and smoldering through out the entire caves ,effectively countering summer in every way, don't you think that is OP. Why would you think oasis should be worse place to be at summer ?

•  

28 minutes ago, ansuman said:

What move penalty ?Are you talking about not using desert goggles ?

•  

Base directly on the oasis and you can use eyebrella and not be move penalized. I don't see how that's worse than basing on the edge.

29 minutes ago, ansuman said:

Spelunking provides protection to both overheating and smoldering through out the entire caves ,effectively countering summer in every way, don't you think that is OP. Why would you think oasis should be worse place to be at summer ?

•  

The downside to summer caves is you forfeit the goodies of the overworld for a whole season.

I think it could be interesting for the oasis lake to have a slightly cold aura around it, just big enough to protect fishers, not the entire grassland area around it.

Ive been meaning to make a suggestion post about Biomes having impactful effects, like Desert always having more extreme temps than the rest of the world, so hotter in summer and colder in winter and the Swamp slowly raising your wetness when ur walking on it etc. Might sound kind of radical and definitely game changing but id really like to see the map be more alive. And meaningful distinction like this between biomes besides resources would be an interesting step in that direction i think. 

Archived