Rusty Water Geyser

you want to filter rusty water, to get water + rust, and then refine rust to make metal (iron) ore out of it? as long as first part makes sense, and it could easily occur in situations where iron ore is in direct contact with water, then it would emit rust on contact surface (like bleach stone, polluted dirt and stuff), but making this process backwards, should take hundreds of tons of water, to get small amount rust, and chemically, its not possible to make ore out of it :D 

21 hours ago, fritozipper said:

Rust water would be a source of rust to make ore to feed Plug slugs, could use a water sieve to filter out rust. 

Good suggestion - Also radioactive water, contamination would be nice. Perhaps any fluid or material in general could get contaminated.

49 minutes ago, Ravalion said:

you want to filter rusty water, to get water + rust, and then refine rust to make metal (iron) ore out of it? as long as first part makes sense, and it could easily occur in situations where iron ore is in direct contact with water, then it would emit rust on contact surface (like bleach stone, polluted dirt and stuff), but making this process backwards, should take hundreds of tons of water, to get small amount rust, and chemically, its not possible to make ore out of it :D

Oxidation of metals would be cool - But I rather have fire first if possible :afro:

On 12/11/2020 at 11:00 AM, babba said:

Good suggestion - Also radioactive water, contamination would be nice. Perhaps any fluid or material in general could get contaminated.

Oxidation of metals would be cool - But I rather have fire first if possible :afro:

as long as we don't get lead in the water and dupes get -10 to all attributes, like Flint, Michigan water or something. 

I'm guessing radiation will get all-over everything like germs in the DLC. Water is good at blocking radiation, you can safely swim in cooling ponds around nuclear power plants, just don't pick up shiny stuff from the bottom!

Fire sounds terrifying, I could see my base now :/ 

Archived