Extra Campaign/Story Resources

Playr10

While code for cards for the most part aren't too difficult to study and recreate, I have no clue how to code for campaigns, or even how to understand the code that already exists for them. It's a problem of reference points. By itself, it's gibberish to pretty much everyone in the unofficial discord and forums modding community, but a lot more guiding text for every step in Shel's Adventure's main storyline, quest, and random event, and or maybe even an overarching tutorial could make it significantly easier to digest.

Apparently HOi to the power of TEMmiE made a sample quest on Steam(https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2301626800), that more or less touches on the basics of quest making. I looked at it and it seems very accurate to how it works, though I don't have much time to look at it in detail because I spent way too much time procrastinating and need to finish everything before it's due(**** racket). Maybe that will help you.

Just now, RageLeague said:

Apparently HOi to the power of TEMmiE made a sample quest on Steam(https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2301626800), that more or less touches on the basics of quest making. I looked at it and it seems very accurate to how it works, though I don't have much time to look at it in detail because I spent way too much time procrastinating and need to finish everything before it's due. Maybe that will help you.

I've already looked at it and also talked to the creator over discord, and we both agree that we don't have any idea how to make a campaign, though it is a good resource for side quests in particular.

I would say take a look at my democratic race mod, but that's like way more complicated than the base game campaign.

The idea is that the campaign is a gigantic quest, like any other quest, but is the main quest. Treat it as a normal quest, but you need to initialize it, in which case you just copy the base game campaign code and remove irrelevant part like assigning primary contact or whatnot.

Then you need to add an act to the character you want. If you are making a custom campaign for a custom character, you can use the shel adventure code. If you are writing a campaign to one or more existing characters, you can take a look at my mod. The act addition might be slightly outdated, but it works. Set the main quest of that act to your own main quest, and it should work.

31 minutes ago, RageLeague said:

Apparently HOi to the power of TEMmiE made a sample quest on Steam(https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2301626800), that more or less touches on the basics of quest making. I looked at it and it seems very accurate to how it works, though I don't have much time to look at it in detail because I spent way too much time procrastinating and need to finish everything before it's due(**** racket). Maybe that will help you.

When a meme you commented on makes the front page, and your comment is the  first one on the list. - Imgflip

from what I understand, it's just a lot of moving parts. Then again, haven't actually tried to make one. Study the game's code, or just wait for Arint to be released, since it'll have another reference point.

I do wish the initial Shel's Adventure mod had a few more parts related to this.

Wish I could describe what I've learned in an easy-to-digest way of looking at things. I'll try to pick up the pace on the Arint story campaign to provide some more resources eventually. (It's getting there!)

It's probably high time I join the unofficial Discord. Just haven't been able to find a link.

15 minutes ago, Newbiespud said:

Wish I could describe what I've learned in an easy-to-digest way of looking at things. I'll try to pick up the pace on the Arint story campaign to provide some more resources eventually. (It's getting there!)

It's probably high time I join the unofficial Discord. Just haven't been able to find a link.

Go on the bogtober post. there's a link from there.

Ici! 

Archived