Farmable Coffee Concept

Ever since I got into the farming system, I've been thinking of what a great opportunity it would be to introduce farm plants that can't grow from generic seeds, forcing you to acquire them in some other way. Exhibit A: Coffee Plants.

These would come in two varieties.

Brittle Coffee Bushes: These are the good ol' Coffee Bushes from Shipwrecked, now located in some remote and presumably dangerous island. Unfortunately, the poor things have ended up stranded far away from their tropical roots and this has severely stunted their growth. They are too malnourished to produce more that 1 Coffee Bean per harvest and they are too frail to dig up and transplant.

Coffee Plants: A domesticated version of the SW coffee bushes, which the player can grow by planting Coffee Beans in tilled farm soil. They work just like any other farm plant, producing some nutrients and consuming others, draining moisture and having certain seasons they prefer. Only difference is that they drop nothing but Coffee Beans, which serve both as a crop and as a seed. Depending on how stressed they get, these can produce anywhere from 1 to 7 Coffee Beans.

(Needless to say, Coffee would still need a significant nerf, cause nearly double speed is a taaad much...)

45 minutes ago, stranger again said:

im gonna guess you made this thread twice by accident:lol:

Oof. Yeah, I got a bad gateway when I clicked submit, but it must have posted anyway. Worse yet, I checked to see if it had been double posted and I didn't notice the second one. :P

1 hour ago, QuartzBeam said:

Oof. Yeah, I got a bad gateway when I clicked submit, but it must have posted anyway. Worse yet, I checked to see if it had been double posted and I didn't notice the second one. :P

its alright happens to everyone

but i like the idea of coffee in DST and i really like the idea of them being on some island where they can't be transplanted but coffee would still need a nerf 

Archived