The "wee need this now" output requester

I would like to see a box, vent, whatever that would request the materials needed right now. For building, supply, manufacture..

Let me explain (or try to...)

What i have in mind is a storage facility. Everything goes in on one side, and is sorted to storage by sweepers.

And on the other side, there is the requester. It gets its info from the dupe who comes by, and pushes the wonderful labeled button with the image of dirt, and enters the amount to get. The storage system will then send the requested amount to the output, and the dupe can grab it. 

I imagine some kind of ongoing dupe interaction while the process of delivery is doing its thing. Like hammering the button on a rock crusher for example. On delivery, the interaction is stopped, and the ressources can be grabbed.

Basically an option to request stored materials at a station without having to walk to the storage to pick them up. I`m not sure if it`s doable in the current system but it would definitely be a cool feature. We would probably need a "smart" conveyor loader that is connected to a "smart" receptacle station that makes dupes wait for the requested material.

Archived