I have generated around 200 worlds, and revealed the 1st asteroid and the one via teleport.

The amount of times I get Caustic Biome with no Dreckos is very very high.  But the chances of generating a Caustic Biome seem very high even get them generating in the starting biome with all their regular stuff aside from Dreckos. There has been quite a few worlds that I generated that did not have a Caustic Biome in either of the 1st two easy accessible locations. With the second location having oil biome and no other useful resources aside from fossils and ethanol. Feel like its a slight oversight, likes here's some hot oil but no means to deal with it. While you can get Thimble Reed from the third asteroid requiring moderate preparations via a few scout rovers or dropping cargo down to build a landing pad. 

I had one map with oil at 350C (melted lead) so exosuits are mandatory.  I had another with a oil reservoir surrounded with 65C so no exosuit needed.  However, I found the teleport biome mostly useless.  I got a hatch egg and some algae for the rockets but that was it.  The oil is not needed for power with solar.  Plastic would have been nice, but at 350C, there was not happening.  Sending a rover to the other world quickly gave printing press with reed fibers and pip eggs.  One rocket brought back 3 drekos and all the aluminum and gold ore I needed.  So neither base really made sense to have a colony on.

What I was left with was a single base on the starting world but with a much smaller map.  I know not all content was in the alpha, we will get more worlds later, but I was not too impressed with the overall intent of splitting the game between maps.

I did like the swamp biome as a biome though

Archived