My feedback on "Reap what you Sow" - Lack of "real" threats

First of all, I just want to say this update is FRICKING INCREDIBLE! Great job, Klei!

But here come the things I have to discuss:
Farming's Threats aren't really threats - I'm not including fruit fly as of now because it's incomplete, but I'll update this as soon as I can when it's there.
The only real threat to your farm is Forget-Me-Nots, that spread very fast, and can easily over-take your crops, but all other weeds are only there to hurt you, and doesn't influence regular farming(not large crops)
Another thing is the nutrients and watering system, they currently only work as a requirement for large crops.
My solution is:
Make it so plants can die if they have too much stress (I was thinking 5+ but that's up to be decided), Weeds, lack of nutrients, debris and incorrect season all apply stress to plants, however, as of now, that only affects you if you're farming large crops.

18 minutes ago, O_Atoba_Azul said:

My solution is:
Make it so plants can die if they have too much stress (I was thinking 5+ but that's up to be decided), Weeds, lack of nutrients, debris and incorrect season all apply stress to plants, however, as of now, that only affects you if you're farming large crops.

I think this is a slight step too far. It sounds fair enough in theory but i dont think its necessary. I think the way it is now where extra effort is rewarded with giant crops and no effort gets you +- the same results as the old farming is perfect. When none of the needs of the plant are met they grow slower and only give a single fruit, and with the changes to birdcage that single fruit cannot be gambled away for potentially more seeds. 

it would make farming too demanding, something some ppl already (wrongfully ;)) claim. Id continue being patient and see what all this fruit fly business is gonna turn into :D. Id say an aggressive mini boss that flies by and interrupts your peaceful gardening is an appropriate enough threat  to anchor this new farming into the survival game that DST is. 

Archived