Non DLC base game

Are there any details that can be shared about what will remain of the current base game? And what parts of the update may pertain to the original? What if any, parts of the new content will apply to the content we have already? Will space be revamped for everyone, just to keep consistency across the platform? It seems very peculiar to leave two competing versions of space and resources, and colony management at odds with one-another, in the same house, from the same studio. How will the IP breakdown, to maintain some similarity between versions? In what ways would these be compatible, or would they simply not be entirely? I realize much of this may be unresolved, insofar. But, any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Great work Klei.

I have doubt that we will get feedback on this soon, as Klei often pushes info out with their update releases, as they often don`t know themselfs...Being busy working on changes and how the game will be for everyone.

As a guestimate I would say that all game things ( buildings ) tagged with "dlc" in the game are unlocked for dlc owners and all the rest of the game is always the latest update version of "Everything else" for everyone, including base game owners.

The map size changes, being also able to play on small maps, had been important to enable fast game speed for everyone ( future buyers and current owners ).

It would be nice to hear from Klei, its just guessing...They probably will let us know in a 1-3 months with some release launch(es) on what they are currently working on and how everything will finally be :p

Archived