Oxygen Mask Station

Hi!

So, I tried this new oxygen mask station. 

It seemed a nice early game alternative to the atmo suits.

I think it would be better, if the dubs would put the mask inside the station once they come back. To balance that out, once the mask is used no other dub can leave, so I would need to build multible stations. Now the mask just lies around on the floor, sloooooowly emptying, The used metal is wasted. Also since it heats up soo frikking fast it cooks everything around it at a high traffic point.

As it stands now I dont see myself using it. I rather build a proper atmo suit station.

the ease of use for a mask station is its main draw. the biggest problem is that you need to put so much o2 into each mask, so it takes so long for it to become available for use.

you can mitigate this drawback by doing a couple things:

1. build multiple stations in a row, daisy-chaining them

2. build your o2/po2 producers immediately near the stations

but this main drawback will always be the problem. to address it, the easiest fix would be to just limit the amount of o2 that can be provided inside a mask. there's no reason to put a full 25kg of o2 inside a mask, especially when most dupe tasks will just take them a small distance from the station to fetch a small amount of material for a task.

12 hours ago, foosda said:

the ease of use for a mask station is its main draw. the biggest problem is that you need to put so much o2 into each mask, so it takes so long for it to become available for use.

you can mitigate this drawback by doing a couple things:

1. build multiple stations in a row, daisy-chaining them

2. build your o2/po2 producers immediately near the stations

but this main drawback will always be the problem. to address it, the easiest fix would be to just limit the amount of o2 that can be provided inside a mask. there's no reason to put a full 25kg of o2 inside a mask, especially when most dupe tasks will just take them a small distance from the station to fetch a small amount of material for a task.

It is hard to feed O2 to a single station...more than one would take a lot of sublimation machines. 

Archived