Music Mod Help

The first one was not a typo. I don't know how to open it normally but if you go to the installation folder, there's a separate program that listens for "events" (fmod_eventplayer). This one opens these files. (I tested it.)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AndRay said:

I'm taking a look at another music mod. It seems that you have to mess with KillSound to stop the current track.

I'm using the original music mod tutorial as a base. The work music stops during fights in Fall and Caves just fine, but with everything else, it doesn't.

Does the music fail to switch or just double up entirely? Can you describe what exactly goes wrong with the music?

Taking a look at the tutorial, there can't be anything possibly done to alter the game's original music timings. Are you playing with other mods that mess with the music?

17 hours ago, AndRay said:

Does the music fail to switch or just double up entirely? Can you describe what exactly goes wrong with the music?

Taking a look at the tutorial, there can't be anything possibly done to alter the game's original music timings. Are you playing with other mods that mess with the music?

The work music continues to play as the danger music does.

And does it fade after a while or they both keep playing? What happens if you enter a third state?

But anyway, the only logical explanation I can find is that there is something wrong with the transition/fadeout/finish of the modified event. (Which is weird because the game should use clear KillSound commands so it should bypass that) Try shortening the used track's length and see what happens.

Also, if you want to try something a bit deeper, try and set up a keybind to a KillSound call and see if that stops the music. I'd suggest taking a look at some simple mods such as Reset Camera to set it up.

Edited by AndRay