My custom character's sprite is invisible

Used esctemplate, and I doublechecked the names. Haven't fully finished replacing all the sprite images but I wanted to test it out ingame to make sure I had it right. It looked fine in spriter, but in the character skin menu and in the game the sprite doesn't show up at all.

(also the name images for the character selection screen don't show either, images/names_cain and images/names_cain_gold, not sure if it's the same problem)

attached the files because i'm perplexed at this point, modding isn't my strong point

CAIN.rar

Edited by regretgoblin
typo

I think it's normal if esctemplate character is invisible in the game at first. The tut did say that. 
Just keep going, following the tut and replacing all the files and images. Complie arts and it'll work.

Ảnh chụp Màn hình 2020-11-10 lúc 13.17.40.png

Edited by Hiru315

Hey! So, some things you might want to try to do here:
Try moving a copy the file you're coding all this in to the 'mods' folder in steam/steamapps/common/DontStarveTogether/mods (Make sure it's a copy, just in case anything goes wrong with what I'm telling you here!)
Make sure you have the Don't Starve Mod Tools, this will be your friend.
Delete the folder with your character's name in the anim file in your mod, along with the zip file that is in exported/charactername (it should probably be at the very bottom under the spriter file). Once you've done that, try running the game and seeing if that fixed the issue! You should see the autocompiler come up and compile all the little things for you!

On 11/12/2020 at 6:06 AM, WesisBless said:

Hey! So, some things you might want to try to do here:
Try moving a copy the file you're coding all this in to the 'mods' folder in steam/steamapps/common/DontStarveTogether/mods (Make sure it's a copy, just in case anything goes wrong with what I'm telling you here!)
Make sure you have the Don't Starve Mod Tools, this will be your friend.
Delete the folder with your character's name in the anim file in your mod, along with the zip file that is in exported/charactername (it should probably be at the very bottom under the spriter file). Once you've done that, try running the game and seeing if that fixed the issue! You should see the autocompiler come up and compile all the little things for you!

That did it, cheers!