It's sad how singplayer games are dying.

Bobl

I met don't starve on beta google, and for me it was a dream, my computer couldn't stand many games and when it went to steam I bought it. And every new update I celebrated because the players deciphered codes or charades in every new update. 

I remember when the "reign of giants" came out and I freaked out because it was amazing. And here comes the multiplayer "dst" that for me was very good, I would be able to play the same version of "DS" online. 

Before that I remember the klei telling us that they would make an amazing singplayer. And soon after dst came and all this was over. I was so upset that I couldn't play dst or ds without thinking about it. To think how incredible all this content would be in just one game. It would be unbelievable that you have almost infinite things to do. Explore etc...

Nowadays I settle for dst because I've given up thinking they would go back a bit on ds. But it's 2020 and that's it, skins, updates with no theory about the characters. That's all.

Sorry just a vent, I loved ds so much it was the best game for me and it was sad and revolting when "hamelt 1.0" was canceled and just released as if it was nothing. More and more singplayer games are dying to give the place to skins, recycled content, and an empty sea to explore...

I was single player fan too but I didn't played it since last year sadly.
First times it was about skins and few boss but I was still prefer DS instead of DST and mod community was worth it. But now, DS feels like alpha version of DST.
Klei can't work around of DS anymore bc it will not worth it but they can improve DST alone mod. They can half the health for alone mod (optional of course) but most importantly fix the lag problem. I can't even count how much time I died BC of lag.
I would be happy to see Shipwrecked and Hamlet as DLC to DST.

Also nostalgia:

On 1/9/2021 at 12:54 PM, Slagger said:

Klei can't work around of DS anymore bc it will not worth it

They can fix the bugs (they should, is their product) and promote the game in the dst client to gain a little more but they decided to kill it

I want more dlcs but i understand that it might be not worth but selling a game with bugs isnt what "the best game company" does and even less when they realeased the game on nintendo after a year knowing that the game is broken

On 1/11/2021 at 5:20 PM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

They can fix the bugs

In my ethics they must fix the bugs even after years of game release. I was talking about content updates, they don't have to do it.

Solo player here too, I don't see much appeal in playing a game like this with other people, not in the long run. But I understand how it's more efficient for the company and as long as the solo experience is good, I'm good with dealing with small inconveniences such as being on-line to play and hosting a server which makes launching of the game take five times as long.

What I'd like is for SW and Hamlet content to get ported over to DST and modernized to fit the modernized version of the game there. Imagine you could sail further away from your main island and reach SW area affected with SW weather. And then traverse even deeper into the seas and discover Hamlet islands :)

Archived