[Mod Request] Slickster consumption rate

Slicksters currently only nibble CO2 to make crude oil.  They need to eat very often to avoid starvation and have full calories.  However, if you have a large number of critters, this is a problem because they don't get enough processing time to eat enough. 

I was wondering if any modders out there would like to try making a mod to increase the amount of gas consumed by the slickster in one go and potentially increasing their max calories. 

If they ate a larger amount each time they ate, we could have more critters on the map without worrying about the critters starving. 

17 hours ago, gabberworld said:

not sure what you mean, as i understand Slicksters can eat max 20kg CO2 atm, same as max number gas you can pump in to room by default

you want that they eat 20kg co2 in one second?

7 hours ago, gabberworld said:

have you consider that your Slicksters die because off room temperature not by gas?

Currently, they only nibble CO2, gaining less than 100 calories in one go.  I'm not sure how much they eat per feeding exactly, but what ever it is, it isn't enough.  I want the amount they eat to match the amount of calories they are missing when they eat.  If that isn't something that can be done by simply modifying values, it would also have the same effect if they ate a lot more in a sitting and had a larger maximum calories to that they don't over eat (without altering the starting calories).

Also, my slicksters live in 200 kg/tile CO2 at around 150 C and they are producing.

My slicksters aren't dying.  I just regularly get starvation warnings for them.  This is probably related to the fact that I have over 1000 ungroomed slicksters, which leads to them not eating as often, so their nibbles don't give them enough food between their CPU turns to eat.  While I agree that this many slicksters be considered absurd, I believe if they had the correct game optimizations and workarounds, this should work fine.  But regularly getting starvation warnings is annoying and implies they aren't eating as much as they can.

[HarmonyPatch(typeof(BaseOilFloaterConfig), "SetupDiet")]
        public class BaseOilFloaterConfig_Patch
        {
            public static void Prefix(object prefab,
            Tag consumed_tag,
            Tag producedTag,
            ref float caloriesPerKg,
            ref float producedConversionRate,
            string diseaseId,
            float diseasePerKgProduced,
            ref float minPoopSizeInKg)
            {
                if (minPoopSizeInKg != 0 ) producedConversionRate = 100f;
            }
        }

if you use your 1000 Slickster mainly because off oil then you can use this instead, then  you don't need have the 1000 Slicksters

also increase calories may not help

---

like i understand if your Slickster is very hungry it start eat co2 every 10 sec and it increase somewhere 8 kcal, currently Slickster normal is 540 kcal 

if you Slickster have drop his calories very low for example 100 it takes allot time for increase again normal status and because off that you see hungry message allot.

for avoid this first place you need make sure that your Slickster have access for co2

also as i not know where is that 8 kcal is  in code atm i can't increase that for speed up

21 hours ago, gabberworld said:

[HarmonyPatch(typeof(BaseOilFloaterConfig), "SetupDiet")]
        public class BaseOilFloaterConfig_Patch
        {
            public static void Prefix(object prefab,
            Tag consumed_tag,
            Tag producedTag,
            ref float caloriesPerKg,
            ref float producedConversionRate,
            string diseaseId,
            float diseasePerKgProduced,
            ref float minPoopSizeInKg)
            {
                if (minPoopSizeInKg != 0 ) producedConversionRate = 100f;
            }
        }

if you use your 1000 Slickster mainly because off oil then you can use this instead, then  you don't need have the 1000 Slicksters

also increase calories may not help

---

like i understand if your Slickster is very hungry it start eat co2 every 10 sec and it increase somewhere 8 kcal, currently Slickster normal is 540 kcal 

if you Slickster have drop his calories very low for example 100 it takes allot time for increase again normal status and because off that you see hungry message allot.

for avoid this first place you need make sure that your Slickster have access for co2

also as i not know where is that 8 kcal is  in code atm i can't increase that for speed up

That's a shame.  I was hoping that it would just be a value that could be increased.

Looking at this, I want to make it clear that I don't want to increase the kcal per kg or the conversion rate.

My slicksters do have access to CO2.

Archived