Game update

Hey, 

Me and my friend are trying to play together in DST. But my friends version is older for some reason and we cannot play together because of that. We tried uninstalling the game and then installing. But still it displays that the friends game is in older version. And yes we are playing on a legal steam service game platform. Can someone help?

Did he try updating the game? You said you tried uninstalling and then installing again, but doesn´t hurt to ask.

Is any of you playing on the switch version? I am aware that there is not crossplay on the switch version.

Is his pc old? I dont know if the specs have changed, but that may be the issue.

37 minutes ago, Zaimutiz said:

Hey, 

Me and my friend are trying to play together in DST. But my friends version is older for some reason and we cannot play together because of that. We tried uninstalling the game and then installing. But still it displays that the friends game is in older version. And yes we are playing on a legal steam service game platform. Can someone help?

maybe one of you is in the beta branch

Just now, maquinarara1 said:

Did he try updating the game?

Yes he did, he updated to his newest version that he could. We found out that in local files of DST. There is a version.txt file and it showed us different numbers, and mine was the latest one, his wasnt. 

Just now, Wardin25 said:

maybe one of you is in the beta branch

How do we know?

1 minute ago, Zaimutiz said:

Yes he did, he updated to his newest version that he could. We found out that in local files of DST. There is a version.txt file and it showed us different numbers, and mine was the latest one, his wasnt. 

How do we know?

well, right click Dont starve on steam, click properties and then betas. If it says returnofthembeta  instead of none or somth like that, ur in beta

1 minute ago, Wardin25 said:

well, right click Dont starve on steam, click properties and then betas. If it says returnofthembeta  instead of none or somth like that, ur in beta

So we should be both in "none"?

5 minutes ago, Wardin25 said:

Ye, mine friends DST was in returnofthembeta, so he changed in to none. And it worked. Thank you very much, Im verythankful <3

Archived