Problem buying Complete Hallowed Nights Chest bundle

Hi, today I decided to buy the Complete Hallowed Nights Chest bundle.
But Steam won't let me buy it, because I already own a small part, which is Hallowed Nights Belongings Chest.

Why??? This seems so unfair. :cry:

Bundle.png

The same thing happened to me before. If you purchase it in-game it would let you. By purchase in-game I mean log onto the game, and go Item Collection -> Shop, and purchase. However, it would require you to pay from Steam wallet I believe.

I  haven't tried it yet but I believe it should work. Thank you for your hint.

However, it is not really convenient for me.

1) I like to buy the bundles directly on Steam, so that I can see what I own and what I don't own in the DLC list.
Can you do me a favor, since you bought the bundle in-game, and please open the bundle page on steam https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/9030 and tell me, whether it shows up as owned or not.

2) Besides that, I also want to gift a copy of this bundle to my friend, who also owns a part of it, and I think the in-game shop doesn't offer that option.

I have a crazy suggestion that might actually work- The game only counts that you own something if it’s still in your inventory..

(like for example I bought Woodies Belongings skins when he got refreshed but I HATED his Hockey Helmet skin so I Unraveled it, and now in the in-game shop it shows that I don’t own the Woodie belongings set because I destroyed the Hemlet that was part of it.)

You and your friend can therefore in theory at least- unravel all the items that it says you already own and then purchase the full bundle.. 

I would hate to tell you this and it NOT Work though, I am on Xbox & am only telling you what happened to me when I unraveled Hockey Helmet.

You may want to PM a Developer or Forum Administrator and ask them to be 100% sure before you follow this suggestion!

11 minutes ago, Iconer said:

Can you do me a favor, since you bought the bundle in-game, and please open the bundle page on steam https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/9030 and tell me, whether it shows up as owned or not.

I am not sure about this but I believe it does not show. Otherwise I would have the same DLC showing up twice in my stream inventory I believe. I didn't encounter the exact same issue. What happened to me was I purchased the starter pack 2019 and unraveled both Wilson and Willow set (Sorry). Then I realised I lost the two emotes those set provide, so I decided to purchase the bundle again and found out I cannot purchase it again on steam, but I was able to purchase in-game.

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

You and your friend can therefore in theory at least- unravel all the items that it says you already own and then purchase the full bundle.. 

I am pretty sure this does not work tho. After I unraveled the Wilson and Willow head piece I still own the DLC in steam and was unable to purchase it again.

1 minute ago, Marcyment said:

I am pretty sure this does not work tho. After I unraveled the Wilson and Willow head piece I still own the DLC in steam and was unable to purchase it again.

In this particular case- you were trying to repurchase the same bundle all over again correct? But you did not unravel every item from the bundle right? So you still owned part of the bundle and therefore couldn’t repurchase it.

What I am suggesting is Crazy... you have to Unravel every item that is part of the bundle so you no longer own a single item from the bundle- And THEN (like I said in theory at least) you should be able to purchase it without running into this “You already own items from this Bundle” Error.

Again.. PM A Dev or Admin for 100% official Confirmations, because I’d hate to suggest this, then you do it and it doesn’t work.

Just now, Mike23Ua said:

In this particular case- you were trying to repurchase the same bundle all over again correct? But you did not unravel every item from the bundle right? So you still owned part of the bundle and therefore couldn’t repurchase it.

What I am suggesting is Crazy... you have to Unravel every item that is part of the bundle so you no longer own a single item from the bundle- And THEN (like I said in theory at least) you should be able to purchase it without running into this “You already own items from this Bundle” Error.

Again.. PM A Dev or Admin for 100% official Confirmations, because I’d hate to suggest this, then you do it and it doesn’t work.

Yes. From my understanding of your statement you are basing the suggestion on you don't own the belongings set any more after you unraveled one of the skin. That's how the in-game purchase work and the same thing don't apply to steam DLC. I believe you will have the DLC in your inventory as long as you don't choose to refund. Yes, I agree you should confirm with officials before trying it.

Archived