Starting a new map or continuing an existent one after update

Hello, it's my first topic on this forum and i've been a Don't Starve and Don't Starve player for a couple of years now :-D

After some month of not playing our game of DST with my friends (we stopped just after the lunar island update), we've been wanting to start again playing DST even tho there's been a lot of update on DST like new biomes and new bosses

My question is : Do we need to make a new game to get all the new features or do you think our old game we'll be updated at launch ?

Thank you !

A wormwood player 

Retro-Fitted content into an existing game world is always wacky when it’s spawned in, it’s usually smaller and in the case of my Sea Weeds barnacles they were literally placed at the edge of the map somewhere.

I personally prefer hosting a newly created world where everything is properly spawned into the map but that’s just what I do.

• Developer
7 hours ago, Kaminogi said:

Entering the wormhole disconnect me from the world, I guess is a glitch then?

If you are using the wormhole markers mod, please disable it in your retrofitted worlds. The author will need to update it to not crash when using wormholes in the caves. If you are not using that mod, please submit a bug report.

Archived