Is it possible to add cacao as a new crop in DST? I am an avid farmer in the game and I love cooking with the ingredients I get. I feel like adding cacao can open new recipes that can offer players more culinary delights to explore. And a cup of hot chocolate sounds real good after a good fight against Deerclops.

I'll try to post some possible recipes as well. Feel free to add your own or say your feedback to suggested ones.

I think instead of getting to use cacao as chocolate immediately, we can add a step before that to justify having some good effects on the food cooked with it. So to get chocolate for recipes, maybe we can require having the cacao roasted on a fire first to produce roasted cacao bean then cook those beans in a crock pot to produce chocolate. My suggested recipe is:

Chocolate:

-Roasted Cacao Bean

-Sweetener

-Any filler that isn't meat

Stats: -5 Health, +15 Sanity, +5 Hunger

Spoilage time: 35 days

Then this chocolate is what we can use for other more efficient crock pot recipes. I was thinking of having Volt Goat Milk in the basic chocolate recipe but I think that is too much work for something that needs to be cooked again for better results. Anyway, here are my suggested recipes using chocolate:

Hot Cocoa

-Chocolate

-Sweetener

-Volt Goat Milk

-Any filler that isn't meat or inedible

Stats: +5 Health, +25 Sanity, +10 Hunger

Bonus Effect: Raises body temperature by 40 degrees for half a day

Warly Exclusive Recipe: Chocolate Mousse

-Chocolate

-Butter

-Any food with egg value of 1 or more

-Volt Goat Milk

Stats: +15 Health, +100 Sanity, +30 Hunger

Bonus Effects: Player provides a sanity aura of +15/minute and slows hunger drain for other players around himself/herself for 2 days

More non-exclusive suggested recipes:

Chocolate Chip Cookies

-Chocolate

-Sweetener

-Sweetener

-Pumpkin

Stats: +15 Health, +20 Sanity, +37.5 Hunger

Note: (The Pumpkin is only there since I took inspiration from Pumpkin Cookies. Alternative recipes for this are very much welcome!)

Chocolate Muffin

-Chocolate

-Butterfly Wings

-Any Vegetable

Stats: +35 Health, +15 Sanity, +40 Hunger

Chocolate Banana Bread

-Banana

-Chocolate

-Any Vegetable

-Butterfly Wings

Stats: +40 Health, +37.5 Sanity, +50 Hunger

Chocolate Banana Pop

-Chocolate

-Banana

-Ice

-Twig

Stats: +30 Health, +50 Sanity, +22.5 Hunger

Bonus Effect: Lowers temperature by 40 degrees for 10 seconds

A trend that you might see in these recipes is that they are existing recipes with chocolate added to them. The idea is that chocolate can be lying around in your fridge or something and can be used on compatible recipes to squeeze out a few more points of stat points for them.

Love me some Choccy,  I agree with the recipes if cocoa is kinda hard to get, the stats are pretty good.
If coffe won't come to dst, I would love some cocoa, maybe some warly exclusive or even a normal recipe could give a small speed boost.
Speed... I need it

Archived