Maxwell's rework proposition

I have an idea what Maxwell's rework might look like.

- Better Shadow Duelists:

• Raise the Shadow Duelist's max sanity cost to at least 55% so Maxwell won't be able to spawn more than one duelist.
  • Make them to kite with Maxwell. (For example: Star really close and walk with him.)
  • Make them to not fight alone. (Attacks are synchronised with Maxwell's attacks like a real shadow, so he could do 2 attacks at once with one duelist.)

- Better Shadow Workers AI:

• More control over Shadow Workers. (Like "telling" them what to do; I really hate when Shadow Miners are destroying not even fully grown marble trees etc.)

Some other uses of the Codex Umbra than just Maxwell's shadows - I don't have idea what it could be,

maybe summoning shadow tentacles (like those from the Thulecite Club),

4-5 tentacles per use and every use will cost 25-30% of the max sanity; tentacles could be invincible, last for 15-30 sec.

I know that may sound op but it would be just weaker Wickerbottom's tentacles.

Untitled.png

All I want is the shadows react to my actions instead of going full autopilot and destroy valuable resources the moment they get close to it.

When I chop a tree, I want the shadow come and chop that tree with me

maxwells shadow minions do this kind of behaviour in DS, what ever you're doing ,they copy and do it with you

mining, chopping, they sync with you, just that they don't actually kite when they fight mobs when you're fighting

I find them better minions, even tho they have a timer, than the current dst shadow minions

I'm a bit late, but I'd love if Maxwell had the same effect on the magic tech tree as Wickerbottom has on the science tech tree. In other words, Maxwell can make all Prestihatitator recipes by default, and all Shadow Manipulator recipes at a Prestihatitator.

It would also be neat if he could prototype Ancient Pseudoscience Station recipes, though that's going a bit too OP.

Other than that, more control over his minions' behavior is all I'd really ask for. I don't think they should require you to show them what to do, but the ability to put them on cease-fire, possibly via a right-click action with the Codex, would be invaluable in preventing them from harvesting immature resources. And the useless shadow duelists need an update to their AI.

Archived