The discard deck might not work, but the bleed deck surely is incredible!

I had a pretty exciting night at prestige 3, I was trying to come up with a build and didn't find anything that inspired me, but as usual I collect bleed carts because I like that mechanic a lot.

At a certain point I realized... why not remove most of the cards? And that's what I did, my deck was of 8 cards, with 1 expendable.

The strategy was then: apply some bleed, apply more bleed with the second card, Use the Salvage Barnacle to get a large amount of defense based on the bleeding stacks and then piercing hemorrage to inflict piercing damage based on the bleeding stacks.
This was working great, then I got that grift that decreases the loss of bleeding stacks to 20% per turn (initially 33%), it turned insane.

The last boss survived up to 57 stacks at the same time (1 turn really). 57 stacks meant that I was accumulating 57 defense (a bit more with pale stance), inflicting 57 piercing damage and then 57 bleeding damage.
With the 5 actions per turn from grifts, I was able to inflict ~20 bleed stacks per turn and only lose 20% of them. The tanking capabilities were amazing, given that it stacked on bleeding.
At the end of the game I was also drawing 7 cards, for a 100% guarantee of having the Salvage Barnacle each round, ensuring I'd reach that ~50 defense per round making me essentially immune to damage.

I must point out that I sweated a lot when I had to fight only mechanized enemies:spidercowers:

Hope someone will find this build nice!
Cheers

bleeeeed.jpg

morebleeeeed.jpg

smalldeck.jpg

20 minutes ago, Fire-Dragon-DoL said:

I had a pretty exciting night at prestige 3, I was trying to come up with a build and didn't find anything that inspired me, but as usual I collect bleed carts because I like that mechanic a lot.

At a certain point I realized... why not remove most of the cards? And that's what I did, my deck was of 8 cards, with 1 expendable.

The strategy was then: apply some bleed, apply more bleed with the second card, Use the Salvage Barnacle to get a large amount of defense based on the bleeding stacks and then piercing hemorrage to inflict piercing damage based on the bleeding stacks.
This was working great, then I got that grift that decreases the loss of bleeding stacks to 20% per turn (initially 33%), it turned insane.

The last boss survived up to 57 stacks at the same time (1 turn really). 57 stacks meant that I was accumulating 57 defense (a bit more with pale stance), inflicting 57 piercing damage and then 57 bleeding damage.
With the 5 actions per turn from grifts, I was able to inflict ~20 bleed stacks per turn and only lose 20% of them. The tanking capabilities were amazing, given that it stacked on bleeding.
At the end of the game I was also drawing 7 cards, for a 100% guarantee of having the Salvage Barnacle each round, ensuring I'd reach that ~50 defense per round making me essentially immune to damage.

I must point out that I sweated a lot when I had to fight only mechanized enemies:spidercowers:

Hope someone will find this build nice!
Cheers

bleeeeed.jpg

morebleeeeed.jpg

smalldeck.jpg

Yeah, by minimizing the size of your deck, you can get it to be really consistent. If you have a 5-card combo and only have 5 cards in the deck, you're always getting it.

You can also trash items by clicking on them and selecting the "trash" option, too, so that's an option for making the deck even smaller.

Also disagree with the title - a discard deck can be insane.

Here is an example.

Generally any sort of deck theme can be used for ridiculous effect. Combo can be stacked to ridiculous extent and then used for way too much damage, bleed is so easy to stack, improvise can result in chain-improvising, and discard results in turns taking ten months.

The trick is that discard cards are on avarage stronger than normal cards, and there are cards that want to be discarded, so if you find some of them, you're going to get insane turns.

Archived