Finding an animation element to :Hide()/:Show()

So, I have an animation that I need to use :Hide() and :Show() on. It only has a single image and animation. Apparently, I have to provide some sort of string to Hide and Show.

I looked around in the game's code, found & looked at bee queen's hive. For example, at one point there is a inst.AnimState:Hide("honey0") so I decompiled the animation "bee_queen_hive.zip" and looked at it in Spriter, and I couldn't find any references to "honey0". Yet it works. 

Where are the names for those things found? (what's the right word?)

Edited by penguin0616
  • Like 2

AnimState:Hide("string of symbol's object name in spriter")
Same for AnimState:Show()

The decompiler is not reliable and a lot of data is lost such as the object names, this is why decompiling player data is a huge mess.
Unfortunately its not like better tools are currently available...so we modders make do with what we have, and fix it up using our knowledge of what needs to exist.

There is also a AnimState:HideSymbol("symbol folder name") which hides all objects that use that symbol folder in the animation.
Same for AnimState:ShowSymbol()

Edit:
It should be noted that if you are trying to hide symbols via object names and there are multiple of a symbol with the same name but with a number at the end they'll hide in a batch. Its not possible to hide individual symbols this way such as individual arm/hand parts for players.

capture.PNG

Edited by IronHunter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Big Ups 1

@IronHunter I originally got around this by opening anim.bin in n++ and just guessing which string actually hid the element for me. (It came out to be, for this animation, "firefighter_placemen". (yes, "placemen")) --> AnimState:Hide("firefighter_placemen")

For AnimState:HideSymbol(""), I would use the name of the folder that the assets come from in spriter? 
image.png.63bb4426d7960d5cde7c92fcb7923d7a.png

As in, for this example, I would do AnimState:HideSymbol("firefighter_placement01") ?

Edited by penguin0616
  • Like 1
  • Ninja 1

1 minute ago, penguin0616 said:

@IronHunter I originally got around this by opening anim.bin in n++ and just guessing which string actually hid the element for me. (It came out to be, for this animation, "firefighter_placemen". (yes, "placemen"))

For AnimState:HideSymbol(""), I would use the name of the folder that the assets come from in spriter? 
image.png.63bb4426d7960d5cde7c92fcb7923d7a.png

So, I would do AnimState:HideSymbol("firefighter_placement01") ?

Yes that should be correct

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1