Requesting Assistance in Mod Crash

Title.

Alright so awhile back I made Elec Man for DST (with the lovely help of our dear Mobbstar) and he worked fine for quite awhile. However at some point his lightning cast decided it was going to crash servers sometimes, and I'm not really particularly savvy with coding so I need a little bit of help figuring it out. We've ran the mod isolated and it doesn't necessarily happen every crash, but it happens frequently enough it's a problem.

I'll attach the client log from the last crash as well as the lines I THINK it's referring to. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated! If further information is needed, please let me know, I'd love to get this mod to be less of a ticking time bomb.

I'm an artsy sort so I'm pretty much dependent on other people for the coding aspects of mods *sobs*

unknown.jpg

unknown_b.png

client_log.txt

• Like 1

On 9/18/2020 at 12:14 PM, Hornete said:

inst:FacePoint(buffaction.pos)

Try changing this line to this

inst:FacePoint(buffaction.pos.local_pt)

I'm not completely sure if that'll fix it. so let me know if it works!

Ah beans, I finally was able to test it with someone and it's still causing crashes. I appreciate the help though but I'll ahve to keep searching!!

On 11/3/2020 at 1:41 PM, The Letter W said:

Figured I should actually attach the log this go around, oops

server_log.txt 132.89 kB · 1 download

This ones a different crash so we're making progress! It looks like theres something wrong with the way your character spawns lightning (I assume thats whats happening anyways) Do you think you could share the code of your characters custom action? 

Edit: Actually, Ill just download the character themself and look at the code that way :]

Edited by Hornete
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Hornete said:

This ones a different crash so we're making progress! It looks like theres something wrong with the way your character spawns lightning (I assume thats whats happening anyways) Do you think you could share the code of your characters custom action? 

Edit: Actually, Ill just download the character themself and look at the code that way :]

Yeah, he has a lightning strike on command. I thought it was just breaking with nighthands originally but it just seems to be whenever, but more often than not. Your help is greatly appreciated. :)

• Like 1

On 11/20/2020 at 9:11 AM, Hornete said:

@The Letter W Okay, sorry for the delay but here's the problem !

Change line 119 here

local pt = act.pos or act.target and act.target:GetPosition()

to this

local pt = (act.pos and act.pos.local_pt) or (act.target and act.target:GetPosition())

And that'll fix the crash, have fun : )

!! Thank you so much for your help!

• Like 1