Salutations From Olathe Booster Pack Mod

It's done.

It's taken countless hours, bags of federal funding, many men's lives, an unhealthy amount of music, and a lot of pestering @RageLeague, but it's done.

*ahem*

CHARLES. BRING ME THE FINE CHARDONNAY. tonight we party much like the wumpi of old. 

So welcome to the "Olathe's Finest Booster Pack", a booster pack for Griftlands where all the cards are based off of the game series Lisa, from the Painful to the Pointless to the Hopeful...and basically nothing else.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2226098415

Such features include

• 13 Brand New Cards. 4 for each character, 2 per mode (except rook, he got 3 battle cards. don't ask why.)
  • Flavor Text! That's right, whole tidbits of pure flavor that may or may not be funny to anyone else.
  • And basically nothing else.

This was a very simple mod, to reflect the fact that this was the first mod i've ever made, and as such, is in fact amateur hour.

All the cards i'll just say here, because i've realized it might be a tad hard to discern between the old and the hastily made new.

Spoiler

The Minor Iris; Sal Rare card, hits 3 times for big damage but costs 2.

Flying Axe Kick; Sal Uncommon which i think is supposed to just be a better version of lacerate.

Powerful Speech; Sal Uncommon which grants 1 influence per card spent, like a twisted and actually usable version of bravery.

Wrongful Accusation; Sal Uncommon that incepts vulnerability and flustered once then expends.

360 No Scope; Rook Common that deals baby damage and mainly came from trying to salvage an old idea.

720 No Scope; Rook Uncommon that's basically the better No Scope.

Trim The Hedges; Rook Rare that attacks 5 times for initially baby damage against random targets.

Gun Toss; Rook Common that gives him 2 bait and 1 vulnerability.

Load It In; Rook Uncommon that incepts intimidated, which the right deck could capitalize on 6 extra damage spectacularly.

Finger Gun; Smith Common that has threshold for giving the enemy exposed.

Goat Kick; Smith Uncommon that bites but has threshold to stun an enemy.

Secret Stash; Smith Uncommon that gives him one influence, which means all his diplomacy cards now deal MAX DAMAGE.

Mind Games; Smith Uncommon that Incepts Intimidated, which really is an underused mechanic and undervalued since it only comes from intimidate cards in the base game.

As such, i would like feedback on this project in order to add upon it and refine the cards i have made. Having made the mod, i already know i will be way too prideful of my own work than it's actually worth, so hopefully an entire community of teens to young adults can help.

As you might guess, the only suggestions for this mod need to be lisa-related. I'll probably make a misc mod at some point for cards but until then this just took way too long for how much it felt like. The big bottle neck quickly became my inability to make complex code and therefore limited my options by the time i reached the negotiation cards (oh god the negotiation cards).

Now, if you haven't already joined, best join this group in order to get access to this quasi-workshop functionality thing.

Some thanks just because if i'm going to be this extra about the post in a small sub-forum for a mod, might as well go all out. @RageLeague, for helping me get into modding, because i am normally terrified of even glancing awkwardly at game files. @Junior Elder For making Griftlands Expanded, which i had used as a second reference for code and gave me the idea of using the original game's card arts for the new cards, which i think looks rather nice.

Small Update, some might call it...pointless...(i'll see myself out)

I wrangled battle events and made one for rook that uses battle events to calculate damage (i ripped code haymaker to make it)

other item is my first item card, Bag of Meat. It acts like adrenaline shot, giving 2 cards of meat fumes, which grant temp power and health.

polishing off the update, then it'll be good. my thoughts for when i'll shift mod work is when i learn how to make JOY...but that's far off, and there's plenty of material already.

Archived