need help editing lua

Hi, i just wonder if changing the values of tuning.lua will is the only thing needed to make changes in game. I will explain with an example

Let say that i want to change pugalik health from 3000 to 4000 or whatever. Do i only need to write 4000 in this code line?

Spoiler

image.png.fff17273e119a83cc186b76a13123cf8.png

or do i need to make more changes in other files? also, do this work with other kind of stats like recipe cost?

im not expecting a step by step guide so i can scratch my belly but i dont have too much coding knowledge (and less in lua) and i only want to make few changes to some stuff in the file so i will be grateful if someone brings a little of help with this

If you edit the file directly, it will get overwritten the next time the game receives an update with changes to that file. To avoid this, you can make yourself a simple mod to do this. Unless you really need to change so few things that it's OK for you to change them each time there's an update to that file.

If you want, you can subscribe to my mod "Metabolizer" and use its code as a template for your own mod. You just need to copy and paste the mod-folder to make a duplicate, rename the new folder to your name or something (you can now unsubscribe from "Metabolizer"), and then edit the modinfo.lua a bit to give the mod has a unique name and description, and replace the modicon (though you can use mine, if you want, especially when it's just a personal project). The modmain.lua just changes a single tuning-variable, for which the modinfo.lua has a bunch of options you can choose from.

On 9/20/2020 at 2:31 AM, Ultroman said:

If you edit the file directly, it will get overwritten the next time the game receives an update with changes to that file. To avoid this, you can make yourself a simple mod to do this. Unless you really need to change so few things that it's OK for you to change them each time there's an update to that file.

If you want, you can subscribe to my mod "Metabolizer" and use its code as a template for your own mod. You just need to copy and paste the mod-folder to make a duplicate, rename the new folder to your name or something (you can now unsubscribe from "Metabolizer"), and then edit the modinfo.lua a bit to give the mod has a unique name and description, and replace the modicon (though you can use mine, if you want, especially when it's just a personal project). The modmain.lua just changes a single tuning-variable, for which the modinfo.lua has a bunch of options you can choose from.

Oh, thanks a lot. I will check it because maybe i will make more changes so i can have all of them together

Archived