Sign in to follow this  
JennaBelle

How does trading work?

JennaBelle    1

This seemed like the right section to put this in.

So, my friend and I have DST on steam and neither of us can figure out how trading works. She recently bought the smallbird satchel from the market and wants to gift it to me through trade but we don't know where to go or how to trade the item between us.

Viktor234    4796
13 minutes ago, JennaBelle said:

This seemed like the right section to put this in.

So, my friend and I have DST on steam and neither of us can figure out how trading works. She recently bought the smallbird satchel from the market and wants to gift it to me through trade but we don't know where to go or how to trade the item between us.

Steam:
Items purchased in-game or on the Community Market will not be tradable or marketable until after the date indicated on the item in your Inventory.

Depending on when your friend bought the smallbird satchel you'll have to wait a bit until it becomes tradeable.

JennaBelle    1
11 hours ago, Viktor234 said:

Depending on when your friend bought the smallbird satchel you'll have to wait a bit until it becomes tradeable.

Ok, but after that how does trading work?

SnowdropPax    135
3 hours ago, JennaBelle said:

Ok, but after that how does trading work?

After an item becomes tradeable, you can choose the person you want to trade with. A small window will pop up and the person who initiated the trade can choose what they want to give, and what they want to receive, (If the person is gifting an item, they can leave that part blank), There will be a checkbox to confirm trade contents and then the trade will be sent, and the receiver will get a notification. From there you have the option to confirm, deny, or counter a trade. 

Depending on your level of Steam security, you may be asked to confirm a trade in a new window, through email, or on the steam app, if you have it

Furthermore, the trade may be held for up to 15 days, where the items won't be available to either party. 

After the trade is confirmed, the items you received won't be tradeable or marketable for 15 days, but you will have access to them in game.

JennaBelle    1
21 minutes ago, SnowdropPax said:

After an item becomes tradeable, you can choose the person you want to trade with. A small window will pop up and the person who initiated the trade can choose what they want to give, and what they want to receive, (If the person is gifting an item, they can leave that part blank), There will be a checkbox to confirm trade contents and then the trade will be sent, and the receiver will get a notification. From there you have the option to confirm, deny, or counter a trade. 

Depending on your level of Steam security, you may be asked to confirm a trade in a new window, through email, or on the steam app, if you have it

Furthermore, the trade may be held for up to 15 days, where the items won't be available to either party. 

After the trade is confirmed, the items you received won't be tradeable or marketable for 15 days, but you will have access to them in game.

From the steam inventory or from in game?

SnowdropPax    135
5 minutes ago, JennaBelle said:

From the steam inventory or from in game?

Either.there will be a dropdown box on the trade window, there you can choose from your steam inventory, or any games which you have tradeable items. If you trade an item from your steam inventory, like a trading card or an emoji, you will have access to the item, but will not be able to sell or trade it for 15 days. Likewise, if you trade something from DST, like a shirt, you will be able to wear the shirt in game, but you won't be able to sell or trade it until the allotted time is up.