Locked Steam content because non-remastered version not owned

Valehnar

Hello, I own a copy of Mark of the Ninja: Remastered on Steam. The non-remastered version is not available anymore in store. There is a Steam Points store which features custom backgrounds & chat emoticons for some games and some require ownership to have access to this content thus it doesn't let me get non-remastered version items. I do not find this fair given I bought the remastered version without the possibility of getting the non-remaster.

Steam support told me "These are separate applications within Steam, and owning one doesn't qualify you to buy the emotes and backgrounds for the other" and advised me to reach out to the developers of the game in question.

What do I have to do to get access to that merchandise? I'm willing to buy a non-remastered version if i'm given the opportunity given how much I love this game.

P.S.: I also found this unanswered topic: https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/102320-can-you-give-non-remastered-version-of-game-to-everyone-who-buy-remastered-version/ maybe this time we'll get and answer

Mark of the Ninja mini-bug - Copy.png

Archived