Ocean content concepts

I just have some suggestions for possible additions/changes for dst's ocean content. Here they are:

1. Boat connector. Allows you to connect multiple boats together. There are 2 types, undetectable (cheaper) and detachable (more expensive) links. Maybe have different connectors like rope, log, lunar and ancient ones for a more sturdy connection

2. Boat extender. Right clicking a boat kit on a boat lets you make the size of the boat bigger.

3. Driftwood boat. More fragile and smaller, but really fast.

4. Boat cannons maybe? can be loaded with gunpowder for 3 shots each gunpowder and controlled like sw boat cannons, except you have to stop what you're doing like using a steering wheel.

5. Something to attach to sides of boats to nullify crash damage and crash force

6. Maybe a sail attachment that is a crow's nest that can be climbed on for a wider fov

7. Rockjaw nerf. They spawn wayyyyy to often. I encountered 2 in 5 minutes. Also make them have a pause between jumping back into the ocean, rn u can only hit them 2-3 times and if you get caught in the chomp its bye bye to 90 health

8. Boat glitches. fix pls

ye those are my suggestions thancc for reading

16 hours ago, Pootis Bird said:

Boat connector

I thinked about it before. It's would make sea building more sensefull. I'm realizing something like sea city.

Boat extender

Or basicly bigger boats. Upgrading a boat with structures on it can be buggy.

Boat cannons

One of the most wanted thing but it's will kill Winona catapult power sadly.

Something to attach

Yes, with cost of being not able to paddle

7 hours ago, Slagger said:

One of the most wanted thing but it's will kill Winona catapult power sadly.

maybe make have to be reloaded with 1 gunpowder for each shot and have the same damage and range of the catapult. Add the fact that you have to stop what ur doing to control it i think that balances it pretty well.

6 hours ago, Pootis Bird said:

maybe make have to be reloaded with 1 gunpowder for each shot and have the same damage and range of the catapult. Add the fact that you have to stop what ur doing to control it i think that balances it pretty well.

Why shouldn't I use Winona catapult instead of it?

On 8/29/2020 at 7:29 PM, Slagger said:

Why shouldn't I use Winona catapult instead of it?

It'll give people who are not winona a ranged option other than darts and weather pains

On 8/29/2020 at 7:32 PM, gaymime said:

connecting boats would be bad. it slows down a world considerably to have things sitting on moving boats and giving people the option to connect lots of boats together and move them means lots of potential jittering, lag and crashes

Guess so. Maybe just use anchors then

Archived