"Spend up to" Overcharge cards

CB.png.aabb515ca4a73bd123bc4268789c12e7.png1.png.53b2e5fe360ce53c1b4b49d4314f29e8.png2.png.9ddaa68c5a4ead387477ff41a8501fc0.png

I've only used Charged Barrage recently and found it odd how it cannot be used at all if you have no Overcharge, so I assume Robo-kick and Searing Bullet are unusable without Overcharge as well. Arc Deflection doesn't have any numbers on it so it being unusable without Overcharge seems intuitive, whereas these three, with proper damage numbers on the cards themselves, really don't.

You should be able to use em even without Overcharge, just for their base damage.

Yeah, charged barrage is uh not very good.

EDIT: it would be better if Surge Coil spent one Overcharge to attack twice, while Charged Barrage didn’t spend Overcharge (I.e. “attack once per overcharge, up to three times”). Surge Coil would still be a solid Common, while Charged Barrage would have a reason to exist.

37 minutes ago, pacovf said:

Yeah, charged barrage is uh not very good.

EDIT: it would be better if Surge Coil spent one Overcharge to attack twice, while Charged Barrage didn’t spend Overcharge (I.e. “attack once per overcharge, up to three times”). Surge Coil would still be a solid Common, while Charged Barrage would have a reason to exist.

Yeah, that change sounds beneficial. Though way I see it, the biggest issue with Overcharge is that its single best card, 618935861_Annotation2020-08-15192058.png.53d4ee7eb6fafc84eb3414313aaecc00.png

is a bloody Rare. It might as well not exist at all! At the same time, the core Burn cards are all Common.

Hello there! May be late to a party, but I somewhat disagree with the notion, that Charged Barrage isn't good or Shock Therapy is the best Overcharge card. 

In my opinion, best overcharge cards are Charged (Boosted) Barrage and (Promoted) Searing Bullet.

To give some context, in my last 3 runs as Rook (campain mode) I had so many card rewards that didn't appeal to me (both battle and negotiation), that I actially struggled to spend my shills. So, naturally, I went graft-hunting. In the end my choice fell on some combination of Twinshot (great), Auto Tracker (also great), Easy Listening (okay), Spare Magazine (not a fan of that one), Perpetual Charger (nice) and Arc Loader (every time, yes please).

All that is to say, it's not that hard to have 8-12 Overcharge each turn on avarage. Add some Overcharged Gun Smoke and Boosted Striker (this one is very optional), upgrade Crank to Induction Crank and it's 10-15 Overcharge each turn all of the sudden. Not to mention that Hunker Down has 2 upgrades that give Overcharge and Ammo Pouch has 3 cards that basically do the same. Overcharge by itself is a lot of damage, so you don't have to bloat your deck with burn/scorch or some such. Basic deck with 10 Overcharge will carry you to Day 3 Boss with little help from skill and/or luck.  And then Promoted Searing Bullet applies 5 wound every time, while Boosted Barrage deals 60-80 damage for 1 action on turn 4-5 and scales up from there... if anything is still alive.

Didn't take Shock Therapy once - I'd rather have another Charged Barrage.

Charged barrage isn’t *bad*, it’s just not great. Surge Coil is just better most of the time. If you’re generating overcharge up the wazoo then sure, Charged barrage is better, but then you’re already overpowered enough that it doesn’t really matter whether you’re using Surge coil or Charged barrage. 

Shock therapy is very strong. It’s not necessary to make an overcharge deck shine (that would be concentration), but I would be hard pressed not to take it when offered. Unless I have a super thin deck or something.

Archived