Critters immediately escape being bagged

Whenever any of my critters are bagged, they immediately escape.  It happens straight out of the incubator (see video), and later when caught in a critter trap, the exact same thing occurs.  Anybody ever seen this and know how to correct it?

https://youtu.be/QbNmCmkXgkw

It happens to me and others i believe, i don't know of a way to stop it.

In my case i think it is caused by the dupes errand/jobs priority.
Because supplying the critter feeder is under "Ranching Priority" and not "Supply" the dupe drops the bagged critter and runs to go refill the feeder everytime a hatch eats something.

As you can see i tried reducing the critter feeder priority to 2 but this didn't work, they still dropped the critter.

If refilling the critter feeder was under "supply" this problem might go away?

image.png.3cd8f2e00bcee4044cc1ee9da89f43f7.png

10 hours ago, insanebe said:

It happens to me and others i believe

It didn't happen to me though, they just bag it normally. Indeed they may didn't carry it to destination right away, but critter still bagged not escaped like OP video. I have no idea why that happening to you guys. My first thought when I saw that video few days ago is their path got blocked so their task is cancelled, probably because need atmo suit to destination and suddenly not available to use, another possibility is usage of some kind of airlock that break job. But as you can see it just wild guess.

If I were you, I would test it with destination just few block next to source to see if they actually can bag it or not.

I personally haven't had a problem like this. I move critters with bags all the time.  The only escapes I've had is when other base tasks end up keeping the dupes busy for an extended period of time, allowing the critter to eventually escape.   Very rarely a dupe will be carrying a bag and their shift will change and they'll drop the bag.  The critter still doesn't escape immediately -- it takes time.

Archived