Dupes chew all night.

I have just started a new game and noticed a couple of incidents where dupes will chew all night much longer than normal and not go to bed until after dawn when the other dupes are getting up.

Its happened twice now with two different dupes, the first one was evident from the fact Hassan was going to bed as the others were rising but I had not been paying attention. The last one I was watching them eat as I had just accepted an omelette care package and two of them took omelette within about 5 seconds of each other but Bubbles finished in a reasonable time and went to bed but Catalina was sat there chewing and chewing all night.

So having seen this happen close up I thought it deserved mentioning, it definitely took far too long to chew.

Maybe it was a really tough omelette ... erm!? :D

Obviously stress! They just need to gnash their teeth for a while...

I have not seen them doing that, but I had a couple of instances of dupes being exhausted during the day when there really was no reason for them to be. This could be the reason.

Sometimes a dupe picks up a part of a meal instead of a full one, a part left by a different dupe. They are still hungry so the go back for another meal and end up spending more time eating and searching for food.

I did watch this behaviour very carefully and it was a straight night long chew from one serving of omelette.

But now you mention it I remember her previous cycle's meal was very short, about two seconds, possibly because it was the last few crumbs / segments of meal louse left by the other dupes (it was around c8 and so only a couple of wild meal lice had been harvested while the farm ripened and she got the last bit of those) and then she got a sleep bubble and went to her bed before she could try to find another food type, so maybe she was hungry and ate two meals at once to catch up.

Even so it lasted a bit too long by my reckoning even for two sittings.

Then she did fall asleep in the middle of the next day.

29 minutes ago, frogglebunwich said:

Then she did fall asleep in the middle of the next day.

That is what I noticed happening without good reason. I never had that before under regular circumstances (enough food, no extreme travel times). And I have relaxation (and eating) after sleeping, but bathroom break (which brings dupes back to base) before sleeping. So maybe I had a dupe chewing all day and through the night. It would be rare, maybe once every 30 cycles or so.

Archived