Quick question about Spriter using the ESCtemplate tutorial

Hi,

So I'm currently trying to make my first character mod and have been going through the Extended Sample Character Tutorial by Dragon Wolf Leo. However I have run into a small issue when designing my sprites.

There are only 4 headbase sprites, one of which is the skull. My character has an assymetrical haircut and I want it to be a different headbase sprite for when my character is looking to the right and left however there is currently only one side-on headbase sprite which is headbase-1 which I guess is just flipped whenever he changes from looking from one side to the other.

Is there any way for me to easily add one sprite for the other side of his face and apply that to all the animations and just the whole build, or is it quite complex to do, for someone who is starting out new at modding?

Thanks!

(I will attach a picture of headbase-0 just so it is easier to visualise)

headbase-0.png

For regular Don't Starve, since there is only one player in the world, you only care about your camera view.
So technically you could write a code which makes it so the head symbol swaps to a different one when you rotate camera in a certain angle + take facing directions into account.

But to answer your question: No, there is no 'easy' way to do it.

11 hours ago, PanAzej said:

For regular Don't Starve, since there is only one player in the world, you only care about your camera view.
So technically you could write a code which makes it so the head symbol swaps to a different one when you rotate camera in a certain angle + take facing directions into account.

But to answer your question: No, there is no 'easy' way to do it.

Thank you very much, I've decided to change to a symmetrical design for now anyway since i have limited time to complete the mod so don't want to spend too long messing with things that are too complex but this will help for the future.

Thanks!

Archived