Slight Adjustment to the % Chance Mechanic of Lureplant Spawning?

For quite some time, my understanding of the lureplant spawning mechanics is that the chance for a lureplant to spawn is actually lowered drastically the more players there are in the world. (The % chance is 1 over the number of total players in a world.)

Is it possible to adjust the chance mechanic so that more players on a server doesn't mean less lureplants than if you were a solo player? I'm guessing the intention was so that the world wouldn't be riddled with lureplants from full servers, but instead results in there being less than a solo person? (Correct me if I'm wrong here) .I'm not saying for it to be more than a solo player either, just not less than a solo player.

The spoiler contains my understanding of how this mechanic works, as per the lureplantspawner component.

Spoiler

The % chance is 1 over the number of total players in a world. So if a world has three people in a world, lureplants would have a 33% chance of actually spawning, compared to a 100% chance of spawning if someone was playing solo. This is also assuming that the player(s) was exploring the world on valid spawning turf the whole time so that there is a proper player data trail for the game to use.

From my experience, if you are playing solo, you can get up to 3-5 Lureplants, depending on the RNG on the spawn interval that's also defined in the lureplantspawner component (every 4 days, plus or minus 1 day; given that there is a valid spot to spawn the lureplant based on the player's data trail). But when playing with other people, you'd get maybe 1-2 Lureplants, and sometimes when the server is heavily populated, you're lucky to get a single lureplant.

Relevant code from the lureplanterspawner component, which has been my basis of understanding:

local function SpawnLurePlantForPlayer(playerinst, playerdata, reschedule)
    if not _worldstate.iswinter then

local chance = 1/#_activeplayers         --this line 
        local should_spawn = math.random() < chance --and this line here reducing the total overal chance for a lureplant to spawn
        local loc = FindSpawnLocationInTrail(playerdata.trail) or FindSpawnLocation(playerinst.Transform:GetWorldPosition())
        if loc ~= nil and should_spawn then
            local plant = SpawnPrefab("lureplant")
            plant.Physics:Teleport(loc:Get())
            plant.sg:GoToState("spawn")
        end
    end
    _scheduledspawntasks[playerdata] = nil
    reschedule(playerdata)
end

Thanks.

Archived