Placeholder Text Chronicles

9 hours ago, TaschDraws said:

unknown.png

Before this thread goes too deep - please oh great senior chroniclers, tell us of the beforetimes...

I am but a wee lass with no idea what the beep boop incident was lmao

ah, yes.

back in the alpha, they we're testing rook's third day with placeholder text

when talking to the leaders, you had a question and choosing it gave rook saying "Boop?", followed by the leader saying "Beep!"

this, for some reason, sent me sprawling on the floor because of how out of left field it was.

that and i think the early dialogue for the third day's baron's quest we're funny for reasons unknown.

3 hours ago, Wumpus the 19th said:

ah, yes.

back in the alpha, they we're testing rook's third day with placeholder text

when talking to the leaders, you had a question and choosing it gave rook saying "Boop?", followed by the leader saying "Beep!"

this, for some reason, sent me sprawling on the floor because of how out of left field it was.

that and i think the early dialogue for the third day's baron's quest we're funny for reasons unknown.

This whole placeholder  "Boop? Beep!" shenanigan makes me wonder what a mod replacing all dialogues by text predictive AI would look like. I kinda wonder what kind of miracles the AI could write, hopefully on par with "harry potter and the portrait of what looked like a big pile of ash". :wilson_ecstatic:

22 minutes ago, Waterplouf said:

This whole placeholder  "Boop? Beep!" shenanigan makes me wonder what a mod replacing all dialogues by text predictive AI would look like. I kinda wonder what kind of miracles the AI could write, hopefully on par with "harry potter and the portrait of what looked like a big pile of ash". :wilson_ecstatic:

Just wait for a million years until i get a cs degree so i can mod this.

Archived