Jump to content

How do i change the server region


Recommended Posts

Hey i have a dedicated server to play with my friends and it keeps puttiing me to US server, i've searched in this forum but i didn't found anyone talking about that can anyone please help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Noticed that today as well, I'd just assume it's a temporary downtime on eu/whatever services. Doesn't really matter too much though, still works fine for me at least.

Edit: The server joins whatever service region has the lowest ping, nothing the user can change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Developer
1 hour ago, Daniel86268 said:

Edit: The server joins whatever service region has the lowest ping, nothing the user can change.

Correct. And it should have no impact which one you list with. Everyone can see all the servers in all the lobby regions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah but im not trying to join the server im the host i have another computer that i use as a server and it always get me the US server

Edit when it registers at master server it always us and its always 100 130 ping

Link to comment
Share on other sites

my vps is in poland and my friends are from poland. when i start server it's putting self in US lobby and so we cant play on this server cuz it isnt showing on lobby list. please change and do something about it. tell me how server from poland can have less ping with usa than eu(i have 10ping with other application from poland tho). #fix_dst_eu

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/29/2020 at 1:07 AM, rafalohaki said:

my vps is in poland and my friends are from poland. when i start server it's putting self in US lobby and so we cant play on this server cuz it isnt showing on lobby list. please change and do something about it. tell me how server from poland can have less ping with usa than eu(i have 10ping with other application from poland tho). #fix_dst_eu

can confirm - the auto region setting has an impact in how other people see the server list. I am from Australia, but the server region was automatically set to the US. due to this, Me and my friends was unable to locate the server unless we search for it through the search menu - by which point the server will show with a "???" ping.

The server was placed quite far away in the server list, and the only friend who were able to find it easily was living in Canada.

This is a major issue that would be a huge lifesaver to be fixed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Developer
On 8/11/2020 at 6:03 PM, Valak said:

by which point the server will show with a "???" ping

Servers with a ??? ping are nothing to do with your lobby region, they're about your firewall/router not being configured correctly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
  • Create New...