Has the hitbox for Scaled Chests been enlarged by last update?

As per title and images below: has the freaking hitbox of Scale Chests been enlarged in last updates?

Because I can't place anymore on my boat my regular setup as seen below:

1) Old Model, both types of chests could be placed everywhere on boat with almost non-existing hitbox

old-model.thumb.jpg.324d2f71ba40e190bf5d7e52fab84ba9.jpg

2) Current New Model, where Scale Chest occupies a lot of space

new-model.thumb.jpg.5ccdd73a6d95d22482767d0e32aed9e6.jpg

If so, what is the reason? Boats are crappy to begin with space-management wise, now I can't even place sufficient chests/Scale chests on them.

If this insanity is intentional... wow! Really WOW!

Edit 1 - to be more precise in this thing's assessment:

1) Normal Chests still can be placed pretty much everywhere on boats

test1_normal-chest.thumb.jpg.a22309d2025789236a802e0e914027c1.jpg

2) Scaled Chests, previously with same hitboxes as Normal Chests, now have +1/+2 space needed in Geometric Placement's grid terms

test2_scaled-chest.thumb.jpg.6623b558ce69eee7a7f4972f37f69ccf.jpg

Edit 2: can someone data-mining savvy confirms this change pls? Also if is intentional or related to some bug/misplacement of codes/code parameters? Thank you in advance!

Really I feel the game needs some sort of beefier/bigger boat for stuff like this, but requires materials that you need to go out to the sea to get in the first place though. Like cookie cutter shells, maybe some sort of seaweed rope, or maybe the schematics could be something you get straight from the Hermit.

Idk there's just something about seeing all of that on a simple flimsy 200 hp ship 

I checked the code and scaled chest's own spacing is 1.5 units, and it's the same in single-player DS which I believe hasn't changed much in at least a year. I definitely don't recall scaled chests being able to be put as close as regular chests do (1 unit).

On the side note, why would you bother making scaled chests on the boat that itself is not fireproof?

9 hours ago, Shosuko said:

I'm pretty sure the scaled chest has always taken up more space than a standard chest.  Do you have any current builds which have the chest placed any closer to other things?

If you look at first image in my OP, Scaled Chests are in place of regular chests - and their position was interchangeable for a long time now. I reached this template that I was content with and in beginning I would make normal chests, to later on replace them. Was ok and working till last update. Don't know what happened. Might also be Geometric Placement mod gone wild.

8 hours ago, shadowDigga said:

I checked the code and scaled chest's own spacing is 1.5 units, and it's the same in single-player DS which I believe hasn't changed much in at least a year. I definitely don't recall scaled chests being able to be put as close as regular chests do (1 unit).

On the side note, why would you bother making scaled chests on the boat that itself is not fireproof?

For additional space. Also I got a Flingo and Luxury Fans, thus am not concerned with boat catching fire.

2 hours ago, Brubs said:

That boat has so many things it gave me anxiety!

Also it reminded me of the hoarder lady

EThkZ_aWoAAco9J.jpeg.jpg

It's a boat model I use on Dedicated Endless servers that dubs for single-item mobile base. Should be mostly autonomous. I park it in a corner of the Ocean when de-logging. If I would "break" its functionality in separate boats, only complicates my take on mentioned runs. Also If you leave boats beside shore and de-log, most times you don't find them again when you're re-logging (are crashed or burned in the meanwhile). My "hoarding" is very organized as opposed to the nice ol' lady there :encouragement:

Looks like you're right, they do have the same foot print.  Did you move the boat at all before trying to place these chests?  I feel like once a boat has moved its very difficult to get the exact grid.  It there isn't much leniency for placement you may not be able to place in that spot again.

chest-size.jpg.14355a7d6debe7287fa51c927b10ff57.jpg

Archived