Make rain effects exist on client instead of on server

Some of the servers I play on suffer severe amounts of lag during snow and rain(to the point where the player cannot even move). I may be wrong, but I believe this is partially because the particle effects of snow and rain exist on the server and not on the client. Since these effects are more for aesthetic and to remind the player that it is raining and not something that can be interacted with, these effects should exist on client instead. I know that the game keeps a lot of the effects as prefabs, but if there's any way to get those prefabs to be client only, it will save a lot of strain on larger servers.

1 minute ago, CarlZalph said:

The rendering aspect is on the client, but the calculation to determine the density/intensity is controlled on the server as the world is simulated on the server.

I even made a mod that disables said particles on the client, as they're entirely controlled on the client: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1230820850

perhaps its the calculation that has the issue then

Archived