Idea for Walter: Badges.

I would like everyone reading this to know that this is possibly just a fun little discussion of what could be implemented for Walter. I'm not asking for these changes, just adding an idea that we could talk about.

Alright so we know he's a Boy Scout and that everyone thinks he's a modded character due to his extra perks that are attempting to make him seem more like a Scout. Now what if, Walter doesn't start with all these niche perks and has to learn them through doing something a set number of times in order to get a badge?

For those who have played Resident Evil 7, you'll understand what I mean. In Resident Evil 7, you can acquire certain items that will grant you buffs at the cost of taking up inventory space. The effects range from increased defences to increased damage to unlimited ammo (iirc). Walter's Badges could function the same way.

For example, Walter now doesn't cook as fast as Willow or Warly. He needs to cook for 50 times before he acquires the "Cook" Badge which could be crafted from his "Scout" Tab. This Badge, when in Walter's inventory, will double his cooking speed. This Badge also only works for Walters that have completed the task successfully. Another example would be extinguishing 20 fires to get the "Fire Safety" Badge which works just like Willow's perk.

Now, people might say that this practically makes 2 of Willow's perks useless but you have to remember: Walter has to cook over a campfire/firepit 50 times, use resources to craft the Badge and carry it on himself, effecticely removing an inventory slot, for the mere perk of cooking faster. Willow and Warly are still the cooks of the group but Walter could substitute them if he really needs to.

These are just examples of course, there could be many more "Quests or Tasks" that Walter could do to acquire his Scout Badges. What are your thoughts? (Aside from the generic "This be modded char")

Archived