Having Trouble Placing Things

Hi guys, how do you place things delicately? I got used to placing things down and, in most of the cases, things line up and look good and I am happy with the end result. However, I tried building an automatic Bunnymen farm using the method by youtuber called Rhovious, and it went BAD. It took me 3 hours and numerous rollbacks just to build two that are functional. The whole concept behind the farm is not hard to build, but without geometrical placement mod it is really hard and it is both time and nerves consuming. How do you guys imitate the mod on the PS4. Is there a way to be pinpoint accurate?

Happy surviving :D 

Perfect accuracy on placing structures all depend on your own thumb when moving your analog stick, and patience, lots of patience.

You can also use the environment to your advantage. If I need something perfectly aligned I use 3 walls in a V or /\ shape, stand in between the walls and move towards where you wanna build, be mindful the analog stick is really sensitive and any diagonal movement will throw your character off by one pixel to the side. Another thing that I noticed are gaps in between two fences, if you run towards two connected fences your character locks into one position, from there you can just move away from it without going sideways. Try to look for patterns on the ground or mirrored places where you can get a good point around you, like the edges of carpets or any kind of turf. If only the structures could be placed like the walls, that would help tremendously, but sadly, this is more of a vanity than quality of life improvement I suppose.

Archived