Adding values to temperatures.yaml

I'm trying to create new temperature ranges but when I add new values I get error:

[08:09:10.043] [1] [ERROR] Fatal parse error in D:/Stuff/install/Link/Steam/steamapps/common/OxygenNotIncluded/OxygenNotIncluded_Data/StreamingAssets/worldgen/temperatures.yaml
(Line: 6, Col: 3, Idx: 155) - (Line: 6, Col: 15, Idx: 167): Exception during deserialization
Requested value 'AbsoluteZero' was not found.
Fatal parse error in D:/Stuff/install/Link/Steam/steamapps/common/OxygenNotIncluded/OxygenNotIncluded_Data/StreamingAssets/worldgen/temperatures.yaml
(Line: 6, Col: 3, Idx: 155) - (Line: 6, Col: 15, Idx: 167): Exception during deserialization
Requested value 'AbsoluteZero' was not found.

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug.bindings.h Line: 45)

This happened after adding  this to the file.

AbsoluteZero:
    min: 10.0
    max: 60.0

As far as I could figure out, you can alter temperature settings, but you cannot add extra entries. E.g.

Changing Hot to min 800° - 1000° K is possible. Adding MySuperHot: 800° - 1000° K is not possible.
The game code uses an enumeration for all possible settings, so you cannot add your own.

This can be found in ProcGen.Temperature

public enum Range
        {
            ExtremelyCold,
            VeryCold,
            Cold,
            Cool,
            Mild,
            Room,
            HumanWarm,
            HumanHot,
            Hot,
            VeryHot,
            ExtremelyHot
        }

Yeah Pholith helped me with creating new ranges with C# code. So I could just put that in mod folder. Now I know how to create new ranges, a lot more ranges!

Now I'm playing my own custom Rime Extreme asteroid with temperatures from -50C to -200C with nice toasty 10-20C start that last like 20-30 cycles :D

Yeah and I reduced amount of geysers from 12 to 6 and I play with geodormant (i think -3 or -4 count?) So you get like 2 cool steam maybe natural gas and good luck! No care packages so no free pip plants and dirt. Truly great tortute.

Archived