Disease, why?

45 minutes ago, Pruinae said:

I don't think disease is a good challenge as it is, the ways of combating it are easy and really boring. I view it as an annoyance at most. You can live with monster meat and ice just as well as you would with 100 berry bushes, mid-late game you can even live only eating honey.

If the purpose is to avoid the relocation of resources it should be reworked in a way to, at the very least, not affect other aspects of the games, such as base decoration.

I think it should be expanded to infect mobs in the game.. for example- if a diseased berry bush could infect a gobbler and then said infected gobbler ran around also infecting any bushes it comes in contact with... this would not only be frustrating and challenging...

but it would also make Disease something for the more experienced players to be challenged by. 

One Uncontained Diseased Gobbler could come into contact with other mobs and disease them as well.. then you’ll have more diseases Gobblers! 

(And if a rabbit eats berries from a diseased gobbler tree.. said rabbit also gets disease, which then spreads to any other mobs of its type risking endangering any of that particular mob in the area of disease)

you need to contain them by killing out the diseased ones so healthy ones remain to populate the area.

The TL:DR- Disease should be something that can never be fully cured... only controlled & contained.

Archived