Possible solution to game engine problem

We all know that DST's game engine is not one of the best ones, and it's understandable. Klei tries their best to make the game run as smoothly as possible, and updating the game engine won't give them any profit. And I know that they already have a roadmap, but I want to know what you guys think about this.
What it after Return of Them Klei made skins set, and all the money raised from it'd go to upgrading the game engine itself? Would you buy this set?
If the engine'd support multithreading, for example, not only players and dedicated server owners'd be able to add much more slots to the game, but they'd also be able to rent much cheaper servers for the new events (if they decide to bring them back).

i dont like skins but i would buy a skin set even if it skinned manure if it meant the game can get an actual upgrade making gameplay better and not 50 more skin sets and 50 new twitch skins

How much I'd like your idea, it sadly won't be that simple though. :?

The more complex a software project gets, the more likely it will be prone to 'code smells', the more 'dirty' workarounds might have been applied, etc. So for anyone having experience in this field of matter it's obvious that some bits of code/logic/resources/... might be worth getting reworked. BUT here comes the tricky part: Any (code) optimization task, or rather basically anything that is not clearly visible at one short glimpse, might not always be considered as legimit/valuable effort by the management (and thus won't count as a 'proper' new feature/enhancement) whereas sadly development-resources must not be allocated.

That's why my fellow developer comrades and I always need to sneak in some of those optimizations into our 'way-too-heavily-based-on-features' sprints (== development cycles). :grin:

(I do not work in the gaming industry, nor am I employed at Klei, so it might be a litte bit different for them though ... But typically non-technical-management always behaves the same way according to my experience so far. :shock:)

Actually if Klei started a kickstarter campaign for huge massive chunks of content like Elevated plots of land, Uncompromising Mode, Shipwrecked & Hamlet DLC Compatibility 

I would totally invest my money into that!

Archived