What is average mass of meteor shower? / gathering from space

Dear All,

This is first time I am going to automate gathering from space. I would really appreciate some help with this. Here is design I am using, I think it is well know:

OniGatherSpace.thumb.png.e2ec949e2d2f0a6105efdec342b555ad.png

Ladder in the middle will be deconstructed soon.
Another Bunker Door on the left will be added once system will be powered to drop some regolith and see its functioning.
Robo-Miners, Auto-Sweepers and Conveyor loaders are made of thermium.

My questions:
1. What will be average mass input from this part of space (48 tiles)?
2. Will one conveyor rail be enough to remove all material from space?
3. One gas pipe will be divided equally between 6 vents. What average gas flow should I maintain for CO2 and what for chlorine?

Is there anything obviously wrong with my build?

Thank You!
Best regards,
Sheaker

1 hour ago, sheaker said:

2. Will one conveyor rail be enough to remove all material from space?

I think the last build I saw like this used 6 or 8 rails to cover the whole map.  The throughput of rails kind of sucks.  A better looking alternative I have seen is to position droppers to be fed regolith from sweeper on one side, and drop it to a place that only the sweeper on the other side can reach and feed to the next dropper in the chain.

Personally I've never seen the need to collect that much regolith so I like to just put a pair of mechanized airlocks horizontally across the map on top of the mesh tiles and use automation to open and close them several times after each shower.  This destroys most of the regolith and sweeps what's left to one side.

Thank You. If there were 6 rails for the whole map then maybe one for 48 tiles will be enough.

I am not going to cover whole map with automated regolith gathering system but I think two section of 48 tiles is something I am aiming for now. I ended without sand and started to ranch pokeshells. For this purpose I designed automated Lumber to polluted dirt and ethanol converter but in the end I found that ranching pokeshells for sand is inefficient so I decided to start gathering regolith and cooling it down so it can be used in deodorizers and water sieves. The game is "over" for me so now its time for some fun:)

3 minutes ago, sheaker said:

Thank You. If there were 6 rails for the whole map then maybe one for 48 tiles will be enough.

I am not going to cover whole map with automated regolith gathering system but I think two section of 48 tiles is something I am aiming for now. I ended without sand and started to ranch pokeshells. For this purpose I designed automated Lumber to polluted dirt and ethanol converter but in the end I found that ranching pokeshells for sand is inefficient so I decided to start gathering regolith and cooling it down so it can be used in deodorizers and water sieves. The game is "over" for me so now its time for some fun:)

In my last world, just the leftover regolith that the doors didn't crush was more than enough for both filtration medium and feeding shove voles some.

Archived