Server shutdown announcement timer

First, thank you to all the people who answer question after question on these forum.  Through posted guides, and reading previously ask questions, I have gotten my own dedicated server up and running with mods.  I have it running on a headless windows computer, which i remote into if needed.  What I am looking for is a way to use c_announcement"xxx" in a script to count down a server shutdown, like the way MMOs countdown their server shutdowns, so I can restart the computer for windows update, or hardware change, things of that nature.  Is there any way to do this?

I used to play on a dedicated server that would auto back up on a daily basis and it would announce shutdown every 30 seconds 5 minutes before. So yes, there is a way to do this. Assuming you are using a script to shut down the server and backup, simply insert commands to do the announcement with a timeout in between of every x seconds.  Repeat the command as necessary before the c_shutdown. 

Archived