Any tips for Lag?

Any tips for dealing with lag on the PS4?  This game is unplayable for me when I have more than two players logged in.  What factors impact lag in this game? Are there any settings I can change ether in game or via PlayStation network?  Also, how can two players playing on the same console have different connection?  (one lagging, the other is fine)

For whatever reason running splitscreen dramatically increases lag. Change your setting to Lag Compensation OFF so you have less rubberbanding. 

The main generator of lag is having massive amounts of structures/items in one location. This means traditional megabasing is difficult to sustain on console. The best advice I can give if you intend to have a long term world, is to spread out your bases and don't let one get too big. Routinely clean up the loose items in the world and get those into chests. Obviously, the better your internet connection and the connection pf those that join will play a large part, but these are the things you can do in-game to combat the lag. 

I run a highly developed world for other players with a server max of 4. Even following all of those tips I still get lag spikes here and there, but generally the gameplay is still pretty smooth for everyone. 

Is not possible to have a mega base without have lag ?

I'm actually building a new one since the last one cause a lot of lag in my server. But this time I have lure plants that help me to get rid of some items.

21 minutes ago, Mx-Pain said:

Is not possible to have a mega base without have lag ?

I'm actually building a new one since the last one cause a lot of lag in my server. But this time I have lure plants that help me to get rid of some items.

From what I've seen, not really. You can get by playing solo in a traditional megabase on console, but as soon as someone joins it'll start lagging hard. 

Another tip, use your caves. I have almost no lag problems in my caves and have just as much if not more structures down there. I don't know why, but it's what I've experienced. 

Archived