Problem Going on Hunts

Not sure if this question has been asked before I am rather new to the game, however, I am having an very difficult time going on hunts.  In fact, they are impossible to do solo.  Whenever I reveal a footprint, a tringle icon "inspect" appears on the track (The prompt will not go away even if I push triangle) completely blocking the foot print from view.  The only way I am able to hunt currently, is if I have another player tell me where the print is pointing.  Is there any way to disable this "inspect" prompt that covers the print?  Thanks.

I've been playing on PS4 for a few years now, and I have no problem hunting, I can follow the tracks normally and see them on my screen, the inspection prompt is the same one we used to open the track using the X key, so it shouldn't be  something that gets in the way, since if you are having the option to inspect, you should have the option to open at the same prompt.  If you’re using a small TV, maybe that’s going to push things a little…

I play on a 55inch, but I do play splitscreen.  I can open the track with x to "uncover" them, but then I get a "inspect" triangle on the track that refuses to leave.  I press "inspect" and the character makes some kind of remark about the track but it refuses to leave.  Basically my splitscreen player has to stand next to the track so I can look at their screen and see what direction the prints are facing.  lol beyond annoying.

1 minute ago, Twizz01 said:

Eu jogo com 55 polegadas, mas eu faço tela dividida. Eu posso abrir a pista com x para "descobri-los", mas então recebo um triângulo "inspecionar" na pista que se recusa a sair. Pressiono "inspecionar" e o personagem faz algum tipo de comentário sobre a faixa, mas ele se recusa a sair. Basicamente, meu reprodutor de tela dividida tem que ficar ao lado da faixa para que eu possa olhar para a tela deles e ver em que direção as impressões estão voltadas. lol além de irritante.

I understand, maybe it’s something about the split screen, when I can’t see the direction of the paws, I step back a little, so the inspection option disappears and I can see the direction .... maybe that helps

Yes! this worked perfect.  I had to back away about 1/2 a screen then the prompt disappeared allowing me to see the paw..... but then the first one I completed lead me into a Varg.lol

Thanks for the help. Happy gaming.

On consoles you can decrease the size of the hud (Go to settings, HUD size), that means everything on screen, default might be 5 or 10, if you decrease it to 0 everything on screen will be a lot smaller. Button prompts, inventory, text. Hope that helps.

I used to struggle with this too. At first what I would do is drop anything from my inventory next to the track so that THAT would pull the attention of the "inspect" and I could see the paw properly but it got annoying. Now I don't struggle as much to distinguish the direction, but whenever I really can't tell where it's gong I'll stand next to it and press R2, while in that mode the inspect prompt will go away and you can see the paw clearly.

Archived