Fantastic pets and how they aid/hinder you in negotiation

Hi all, as you know, your pet can provide you with negotiation support which aids/hinders you while it is trained/untrained, I wrote a list of all possible pets and their negotiation support to those that may not know yet. Note: pet training is a opportunity event (the orange bubble thing) that increase their stats and making them "trained", visiting the beast master in the night market is "upgrade" your pet.

Vroc:
untrained: "Untrained Vroc": enemy argument, 2 resolve, deals 5 damage every turn.
trained: "Trained Vroc": friendly argument, 2 resolve, deals 5 damage every turn.

Yote:
untrained: "Untrained Yote": enemy argument, 5 resolve, deals 2 damage every turn.
trained: "Trained Yote": friendly argument, 5 resolve, deals 2 damage every turn.

Shrooglet:
untrained: "Slimy Shrooglet": enemy argument, 5 resolve, causing you to draw one less card per turn.
trained: "Stoic Shrooglet": friendly argument, 4 resolve, at the start of every turn, apply 2 composure to a random argument.

Erchin:
untrained: "Terrible Erchin": enemy argument, 4 resolve, enemy deals 1 bonus damage.
trained: "Adorable Erchin": friendly argument, 3 resolve, draw 1 additional card every 2nd turn.

Flead:
untrained: "Revolting Flead": enemy argument, 4 resolve, enemy's attacks always target your core argument.
trained: "Ominous Flead": friendly argument, 1 resolve, works like bait, gains 1 resolve at the start of your turn.

Any Autodog: Doesn't provide any negotiation support.

Cobblebot(Rise robot): Doesn't provide any negotiation support.

Enforcer(Spark Baron robot): 
"Double Duty": friendly argument, 2 resolve, the first card played at the start of your turn is played twice.
(Note: It's the same as other Spark Baron support)

Did they change the benefit of Yotes while I wasn’t looking? It used to be 2 damage per turn, with 5 resolve. So, reversed numbers from the Vroc one.

I imagine the benefit from enforcers is a bug, considering it’s the only bot that gives you a benefit.

On 4/22/2020 at 6:25 PM, Smife said:

I'd choose a flead over anything, anytime.

Wrong. In combat nothing beats upgraided trained vroc with an additional action and card draw + evasion + wounds. Even autodog with +20% dmg and -20% dmg from enemies is not not as good.

On 4/25/2020 at 10:23 AM, Pro7ect said:

Wrong. In combat nothing beats upgraided trained vroc with an additional action and card draw + evasion + wounds. Even autodog with +20% dmg and -20% dmg from enemies is not not as good.

Perhaps you're right, but I tend to loose vrocs early mostly to Sparky (insane aoe for a first boss), and I don't like wasting turns protecting pets. Fleads on the other hand have that extra survivability and become nightmare fuel when upgraded :D

Best value for your money at the market is an upgraded shrooglet. The negotiation penalty is harsh, but they’re pretty hardy in combat, even before training (they heal when they deal damage). None of the pets are particularly useful on the offensive front, so it doesn’t matter a whole lot how much damage they deal.

It used to be that trained, unupgraded vrocs attacked every turn, applying 2 wounds; that was actually powerful, but it doesn’t seem to be the case anymore. Upgraded vrocs are really hard to kill, but extremely expensive, and they effectively don’t have an effect on turn 1 (arguably the most important turn). You’re better off buying something cheaper and using the savings for grafts and social boons. If you run into one for free, you might as well upgrade it, though. Their negotiation benefit once trained can win negotiations by itself, with the right support.

21 hours ago, Smife said:

Perhaps you're right, but I tend to loose vrocs early mostly to Sparky (insane aoe for a first boss), and I don't like wasting turns protecting pets. Fleads on the other hand have that extra survivability and become nightmare fuel when upgraded :D

That's one thing you don't do - don't take your pet on a first boss fight. You're gonna have a guard on your side anyway - you don't need a pet to win this fight.

18 hours ago, pacovf said:

Best value for your money at the market is an upgraded shrooglet. The negotiation penalty is harsh, but they’re pretty hardy in combat, even before training (they heal when they deal damage). None of the pets are particularly useful on the offensive front, so it doesn’t matter a whole lot how much damage they deal.

Vrocs are useful because of the wounds and autodogs are super useful in late game because of the 2-turn 20% buff/reduction in damage output on ALL enemies. And again, vrocs give you +1 action and +1 card draw, which is the most useful buff in combat IMO. So it depends on how much money you acquired, I suppose - if you're low on funds then got for a cheap option. Though upgrades are still super expensive on all pets, so you're not saving that much money in the end.

IIRC, upgrade price depends on pet price. You can get an upgraded shrooglet for 250 or so, total. An upgraded vroc is 800? I’m talking prestige 7+ prices. They’re prohibitive. The +1 action +1 card is good, but only comes online on turn 2. I would rather it did something that actually affected turn 1.

Autodogs are fine, just not very durable.

13 minutes ago, pacovf said:

IIRC, upgrade price depends on pet price. You can get an upgraded shrooglet for 250 or so, total. An upgraded vroc is 800? I’m talking prestige 7+ prices. They’re prohibitive. The +1 action +1 card is good, but only comes online on turn 2. I would rather it did something that actually affected turn 1.

Autodogs are fine, just not very durable.

Yeah you're right that they are expensive AF atm. Probably not worth the full price of admission w/o getting a discount from that particular trader(which you shouldn't get as you'll buy more often from other traders throughout the campaign).

As of turn 1, you forget that vrocs get evasion on turn 1, meaning they can take a full hit from any enemy w/o taking any damage. which is stronger than anything any other pet gives on turn 1 IMO. And then they give you +1 action and draw on turn 2, which is also stronger than anything any other pet gives on turn 2 IMO(literally what a fully upgraided boss-level graft gives you but w/o any drawbacks).

Autodogs are actually the best value for money atm IMO. Because you get them with 25% discount no matter what and they are already upgraided(in that they don't take wounds and bleed) and if you lose one you can buy another for the same amount of money at any given day. They are also not that expensive and provide more value than any other unupgraided pet, including vroc(which costs twice as much).

On 4/22/2020 at 5:23 PM, SpicyNiceCream said:

Hi all, as you know, your pet can provide you with negotiation support which aids/hinders you while it is trained/untrained, I wrote a list of all possible pets and their negotiation support to those that may not know yet. Note: pet training is a opportunity event (the orange bubble thing) that increase their stats and making them "trained", visiting the beast master in the night market is "upgrade" your pet.

Could you make this post a more overall description of all pets? Like include their stats and combat bonuses as well? So that not to make separate posts for every aspect.

Archived