Are the Cult's Ilumati robots or just folks with masks and cybernetic limbs?

They're regular folk with masks and stuff. It's confirmed by the fact at least one doesn't wear a mask (the one from the Heshian outpost quest). They also drop their mask as death loot when you kill them.

Luminaries, I believe they're spelt.

Given their fighting style and the fact the can hold a grudge or friendship, unlike the other automatons, they're all probably just knights for their religion. They train, suit up, do things for their religion, like mallowi in Partok caverns, and overall travel with priests to spread the word and collect tithe.

1 hour ago, RageLeague said:

Speaking of masks, has anyone figured out how kra'deshi wear masks? Specifically, how they are able to wear masks for people with eyes on their face when they have eyes on the side?

that just made me realize if there are any unique kra'deshi luminaries. i know in the nadan fight and in most spree fights with randomly generated masked spree, the game seems to draft a species boon, which could mean kra'deshi could be spree masked without showing their eye stalks.

i think lore wise, they probably are the priests mostly because luminary work is too dirty or unrefined for much of the kra'deshi elite. plus species boons are more fighting based in jarackles and shrokes as opposed to the passive heal factor of kra'deshi

point being, unless you find a randomly generated luminary, probably won't have a kra'deshi luminary. 

1 hour ago, Wumpus the 19th said:

that just made me realize if there are any unique kra'deshi luminaries. i know in the nadan fight and in most spree fights with randomly generated masked spree, the game seems to draft a species boon, which could mean kra'deshi could be spree masked without showing their eye stalks.

i think lore wise, they probably are the priests mostly because luminary work is too dirty or unrefined for much of the kra'deshi elite. plus species boons are more fighting based in jarackles and shrokes as opposed to the passive heal factor of kra'deshi

point being, unless you find a randomly generated luminary, probably won't have a kra'deshi luminary. 

You say that, but there are non-elite kradeshi who works as laborers and heavy laborers. A new luminari is added named sten, who has a kradeshi skin tone but is apparently human for some reason(maybe because it's the default race).

Not only that, if you look closely at many people's sprite, you can see humans have 5 fingers, jarakles have 4 fingers, and shrokes and kradeshi have 3 fingers. However, all luminaries have 5 fingers, regardless of species, even if i manually change the species of that character.

On 4/22/2020 at 11:39 AM, RageLeague said:

Speaking of masks, has anyone figured out how kra'deshi wear masks? Specifically, how they are able to wear masks for people with eyes on their face when they have eyes on the side?

If I had to guess, just like Fssh and Fellemo have artificial eyes, the masks are probably "interfaced" in a similar way to how grafts are connected to the spinal cord.

Archived