Suggestion: Rook Infected Cards

I feel they are too much of a burden right now. They should be added with increasing prestige OR with a random event sometime later in the game. The fact that you lose 10 hp if you try to remove them is brutal. 

I love the idea I just think it needs some tweaking.

On 4/19/2020 at 10:08 AM, youngbg31 said:

I feel they are too much of a burden right now. They should be added with increasing prestige OR with a random event sometime later in the game. The fact that you lose 10 hp if you try to remove them is brutal. 

I love the idea I just think it needs some tweaking.

Felt to me more like a story line that didn't go anywhere?

Like I was expecting something like a cure/some crazy bog guy to find my infected cards who'd buy them at a premium/give me a boon.  

Sorta like how one of the cards can be hatched--but this time with all my infected cards. 

Agree with both of your comments. It just doesn't go anywhere and feels more of a nuisance than anything else. Rook has relatively low HP compared to Sal, so removing them is out of the question. I just ignore/discard them most of the time.

For the record, the main point of the parasite cards is to be a nuisance. They’re a way to slow Rook down. Think of it as an extra difficulty he has to deal with, compared to Sal. He’s the 2nd character, after all.

When I wrote a nuisance I meant more in the context of "slightly annoying without adding anything to the experience". They don't change my strategy at all and I don't even read the card text most of the time. This is my personal experience.

I found them counter intuitive,iirc you get two, for the sake of experiment I decided to remove one and keep the other to see what happens and it seems to me that the one where you let parasite develop is less damaging (thus far) than the one that I removed outright. Which is quite counter intuitive unless it's a symbiotic and not, in fact, a parasitic organism. It'd be like saying that you shouldn't remove ticks because there'd be negative consequences if you don't do it right. The problem is I don't see any way to "do it right" other than let it live and develop.

Archived